CHAPTER 26

"They are,but the governor was an honest man,he advised them to quit it or he will have no choice,so they decided to get rid of him" Mr Leonardo continued.
"Get rid of him? As in,kill him?" Angel said.
"Yes Angel,kill him. Go on sir" Wale said.
"When he realized that he was in danger,he ran away. He came across this former village and decided to stay here because it was hideous. This place was nothing until he spread the clip he had and got help. He sent it to the president and out of happiness,the governor gave this place a boost and people after him added their own after they left " Mr Leonardo finished.
"Was the vice president caught?"James asked.
"Yes,eventually" Mr Leonardo said.
"What do you mean eventually?" Rachael asked.
"Oh,we are here" Mr Leonardo led them into a dinning section and took them to a seat.
He was about to leave with Mike when Rachael asked;
"Are you leaving?"
"Yes,i am"
"Can't you seat here with us?" Angel asked looking at Mike.
"I can't,unless it is necessary" Mike said with a wink.
"I have a very important question concerning this place" Angel said.
"What is it? We will answer it right now" Mr Leonardo said.
She looked at Mike and he shew her a face telling her that he had to obey Mr Leonardo.
"It's not only one,i have many" Angel said convincingly.
"She's lying,you can go" Wale said and Richard nodded.
"NO" She screamed thereby turning all the focus on them. She looked around and saw everyone there looking at her shocked. She cleared her throat and then whispered to Mr Leonardo saying;
"I have questions like where is the bathroom?"
"There is a map given to every fresh member" Mr Leonardo answered.
"Where do we sleep?"
"It is located in the map"
"Is there like......a library?"
"Also in the map"
"Is there a history of this place section?"
"Also in the map"
"What happened to the vice president?"
"It is written in the history section which you will find on the map"
"When will the map arrive? I believe till it comes......" She started,but before she could finish,a lady brought three maps to them,dropped them and left.
"There it is,enjoy your stay" Mr Leonardo greeted them and left.
"Am sorry but i can't stay,just try not to misplace the map" Mike said and then followed after Mr Leonardo.
"Like we wanted him to stay" Wale said eyeing him behind his back.
"I wanted him to. Who will show us around?" Angel asked frustrated.
"I can. I have ambulated most corners in this city,i can show you guys the places i have seen" Richard said.
"Why do you call this place a city?" Rachael asked.
"Look around,is it worthy enough to be called a city?" James said as he looked around the dining section.
"Just shut up and eat guys" Rachael eventually interfered.They nodded and began to eat the food they were given. It was good looking and it also turned out to be delicious,but they were not sure if they were totally safe there.
After their meal,they took a ramble around the city. It looked nice with the tiled walls of houses,nicely constructed roads,organized arrangement of houses.....
"Have you being here before?" James asked Angel.
"No"
"Why not?"
"What do you mean?"
"I mean,you are rich"
"I don't think any house here is for sale. Also,i think there is a time frame for everyone"
"Why would they put a time frame?" Wale  enquired.
"I think so this place will not be overcrowded" Angel responded.
"So.... We also have a time frame here?" Rachael enquired.
"I think so" Angel said.
"Well then,maybe we should find a way to send message to Michael" James suggested.
"You mean the cop" Rachael emphasized and he nodded.
"How are we sure he is not with them? He booked a room for us and the next thing we knew,they showed up there and tried to kill us" Richard explained.
"What other option do we have?" James asked them.
"This place is authorized,right?" Wale asked out of the blue.
"Yes,why?"
"Then it means we can get help. Richard,you mentioned somewhere they kept something" Wale said looking at Richard.
"Yes,they keep their guns and most things on the second floor,room three"
"Good"
"What do you suggest?"
"I suggest that we report this to Mr Leonardo and beg of him to appeal the government"
"Can he do something like that?" Rachael asked thinking.
"He looks like someone who can" Richard responded.
"Should we give it a try?" Wale asked.
"Yes,maybe tomorrow" James said.
"Why tomorrow?" Wale questioned.
"If we go today,we would be called ingrates. They took us in,but we might make them feel like we are inconvenient,that is if we go now" James explained.
"Can i point out something?" Richard asked.
"What is it?" Rachael asked.
"Who is that?" Richard said looking at a woman in front of a finely decorated house,she was beaming her smile at one of them. That person,they did not know.
"Who is she smiling at?" Rachael asked as she looked back,but she saw no one.
They approached her and greeted her,but she didn't reply and just kept flashing her smile. They looked at themselves and then greeted her again,but they still got no reply.
"Maybe she is just trying to flash her weirdly white teeth" Wale joked as he moved back.
They all turned back and began to walk away but she suddenly called;
"Come here"
They were all startled and turned back in fright. They looked at the woman and she didn't look like someone who had talked to them.
They moved a little bit closer to her and
*BAM*
"Ahhh" Angel screamed.