XLII.

Tahani Amoura
December 25, 2022

You know that feeling where it's like all the breath just leaves your body and your stuck and can't move? That's exactly what I was feeling right now.

"So this why y'all wouldn't answer my FaceTime the otha day? Y'all been hangin with her?" Kentrell said dropping his bags on the floor walking into the kitchen causing me to step back and instinctively throw my cardigan over my stomach.

"It's not what it looks like." TeeLee said starting to defend herself and her sibling.

"I didn't know she was gonna be here. I haven't talked to her." Sherhonda said.

"It was supposed to be a surprise." TeeLee said.

"Kentrell coming was a surprise too." Sherhonda said.

I leaned down grabbing my purse and my keys and started walking towards the door way of the kitchen.

"Where you think you going Amoura?" Kentrell said stepping in front of the door way.

"Just let me go please." I said feeling myself about to cry.

"Ain't no just let you go. You ran away from me last time. I'm not letting you leave." Kentrell said.

"Kentrell just let her go." TeeLee said stepping in.

"Uhuh you don't get in between this." Sherhonda said pointing at TeeLee.

I tried to push past Kentrell being careful to keep my cardigan slightly over my stomach so he wouldn't see my bump.

"I'm talking to you." Kentrell said looking down at me.

I couldn't do anything ,but shake my head. All the feelings , emotions, memories , and the I love you's we're all coming back to me and it was very overwhelming to say the least.

"Just not right now please." I said feeling the tears began to fall down my face.

"Come on Desean let the damn girl alone." Sherhonda said stepping in.

"Look me in my face and tell me to leave you alone and I'll move right na. I swea." Kentrell said.

I felt embarrassed, ashamed, bullied, and most of all singled-out. Why was he doing this right now?

"Five minutes. I promise that's all I need." Kentrell said.

I nodded and walked past him and out the front door.

"Talk." I said wiping my face pulling my cardigan closer to me.

"Why haven't you called?" Kentrell asked.

"I didn't want to talk." I said.

"Why didn't you talk to me before you left?" Kentrell asked stepping closer to me making me back up into my car.

"I mean I had all the proof in my face. Your tenth child and she had her ring on." I said.

"I didn't know. One night I called to see Love and she said she was pregnant ,but I thought she was lying so I brushed it off." Kentrell said explaining himself.

"You knew it was a possibility you should've said something." I said looking down at my Apple Watch. "3 minutes."

"I love you." Kentrell said.

"You have a girlfriend no my bad a wife right?" I said crossing my arms it was cold as hell outside.

"I settled." He said dropping his hands at his side.

"What do you mean you settled?" I asked him.

"I had no choice ,but to go back to her. You left me high and dry. What was I supposed to do?" Kentrell asked.