XXXVI.

Kentrell Gaulden
September 14, 2022

I rolled over in the bed feeling Hani leg wrapped around my waist. I have a bad ass headache. Ian never drinking with them again. This why I don't drink.

"Ma?" I said rubbing Tahani leg.

"Hm?" She hummed back in response.

"I'm finna get up lift ya leg up." I said.

"Where you going?" She asked with her eyes still closed.

"I'm finna go get some medicine. Fucking head feel like somebody hit me in ma shit." I said rubbing my forehead.

"Awww baby you hungover?" She said opening her eyes sitting up.

"If that's what you call it then yeah." I said.

"Okay." She said lifting her leg from around me. "It's ibuprofen and Tylenol in the medicine cabinet."

"Bet." I said sitting up feeling dizzy. Everything was moving so fast. Ion like this at all.

"You okay?" Tahani called after me in the dark.

"I'm good." I said making it to the bathroom seeing as it was still dark outside.

"Not a good idea to cut the light on." Tahani said from behind me holding her phone with her flashlight on.

"Why you out the bed?" I asked her grabbing her phone looking through the medicine cabinet.

"I wanted to make sure you was okay." She said coming behind me rubbing my back.

I found the bottle of ibuprofen and grabbed 2.

"I'm good ma." I said handing her , her phone back.

"Okay baby." She said leading the way back in to the room.

Once I made it around to my side of the bed I realized Ian have no water on my night stand.

"Bae you got water?" I asked her sliding into the bed.

"Yeah." She said handing me an unopened bottle of water.

"Thank you." I said taking both of the pills and downing the water after. "How yo head not hurting ?"

"I use to drink a lot with Chanel." She said yawning.

"You still tired?" I asked her.

"A little." She said clicking her home screen. "It's only 2:37am."

"Damn we went to sleep early." I said.

"Yeah im sure we was out by 11:30." She said.

"Come on let's go back to sleep." I said pulling her closer to me.

She snuggled into my side and closed her eyes. I ran my fingers up and down her back. I can honestly say that I'm happy. I haven't been thinking about nobody else. Ion even wanna look at nobody else. Im really thinking about proposing ,but I don't wanna scare her away.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head on top of hers falling asleep again.

*hours later*

I heard someone laughing quietly behind me. I just know she up on Tik Tok watching some dumb shit. I rolled over and grabbed her by her waist keeping my eyes closed.

"Did I wake you baby?" She asked running her fingers through my hair.

"Yeah." I mumbled still laying against her stomach.

"Im sorry. I be trying to be quiet." She said. "It's time to get up anyway it's about to be 11."

"In the morning?" I asked opening one eye.