XLIII.

Tahani Amoura
January 1,2023

I yawned softly staring at my ceiling in my bedroom. It was New Year's Day and I had just woken up from a nap. I was avoiding everyone and didn't know why. I just wanted to be alone. Kentrell was still in town and wouldn't leave me alone. I heard my phone vibrating and pushed it off the bed.

"Why would you do that?" I questioned myself out loud knowing I was gone have hell bending down to get it.

I rolled out of my bed and put my slippers on. I only had on some shorts and a top. I obviously couldn't fit the top ,but it was still cute. I walked downstairs and into my kitchen looking for something to eat when I hear a knock at my door.

"Oh my godddd." I said stomping towards the door. "WHO IS IT?"

"It's TeeLee." She said.

I slightly opened the door seeing her with pans of food and Ken, Irulan, and Kentrell behind her followed by Sherhonda.

"Girl what in the hell are y'all doing here?" I asked her opening the door.

"You haven't answered the phone in three days we were worried." She said walking in with the pans of food.

"Ouuuu yo place is nice. Hey baby." Sherhonda said pulling me in for a hug which made me smile. I needed a hug so bad.

"Hey." I said hugging her back.

"Youn want us here or sum?" Ken said sitting the pans of food down on the island.

"I'm just tryna figure out why y'all got food ?" I asked.

"Because we chillin with you today." Ken said. "Lil small family gathering.

"Y'all do know this is an invasion of privacy right?" I said.

"Better safe than sorry." Irulan said kicking her shoes off and sitting them by the door going to sit down.

"So y'all really thought I was dead?" I asked confused.

"You disappeared fa three days. Nigga ain't know what to think." Kentrell said for the first time since he walked in.

"Well I'm fine and y'all can see that so." I said crossing my legs leaning against the wall.

"Girl we ain't going nowhere." TeeLee said walking back outside.

I shook my head sighing. I was starting to get a migraine. I feel smothered. I liked it better when no one knew I was pregnant.

"Let's go put you some clothes on." Irulan said grabbing my arm pulling me upstairs.

"I see why you got her pregnant." I heard Ken say which made me turn and look down the stairs.

"Say bruh chill out." Kentrell said slapping him in the back of his head.

"Kendell don't die saying shit like that." Irulan said mugging him.

"I was just playing." Ken said.

"You was not playing." TeeLee said coming in the house with drinks and a cooler.

"So y'all gone sit there and let her bring everything in the house?" Sherhonda said looking at her kids.

"Oh my bad. What else out there?" Kentrell said standing up.

"You come on." Irulan said pulling me towards my room.

"Why are y'all here?" I asked again closing my door.

"Because you disappeared for three days. Is it because of Kentrell?" She asked.

"It is. I just I don't wanna be around him." I said honestly.