Chapter Fifteen

Wesley's P.O.V.

*Beep. Beeep. Beeeep.* My alarm went off early. Once again, I had woken up at 6am. I checked my phone for any new texts, and found out there were none. Instead, I sent one to Audrey.

Morning Beautiful, Want to visit your friends at the hospital before school? xx

It didn't take too long for her to reply.

Morning! Yeah sure, Sounds like a great idea. Thanks so much for everything yesterday! ♥

I texted her back saying:

Anything for you! I'm just glad I could be there.

*At Audrey's House*

I honked my car, signaling her to come outside. Soon enough, she ran out wearing an oversized beige knit sweater, dark jean shorts, with her favorite pair of Vans. Her hair was straightened down past her shoulders.

"Hey Wes!" She exclaimed, throwing her backpack into the back of the car, while seating herself next to me.

"Hey, It's finally Friday! I heard there was going to be another party, this time at my bud Sebastian's place. I was wondering if you wanted to come, or bring your friends if they feel better? If not, I understand completely you just went through shock, and they might not be feeling the best and-"

"Yeah, I'll go with you, I'll also ask Christina and Liz if they want to go. Knowing Christina, she'll probably say yes. If there's a party...she'll be there. Maybe even if Bernadette wakes up, we could take her too...if they don't want to go, I'll just go by myself, with you." She said, cutting me off.

Whew. I thought it was risky asking her to a party....I mean the last time I tried, she practically gave me a lecture on my way of life. In a way, I am still so happy, to this day, that I had that conversation with her...if I didn't, I probably would have just walked right out not giving her a second glance of an eye. I would have seriously missed out on something special.

*At the Hospital*

Going to the hospital had become a common procedure. My view on it had changed, I had always thought that when someone mentioned "hospital" you thought they were going to die. I now see that there is hope for everyone, you just can't give up on them until you're absolutly sure they are gone. Even then, you might cling on to that last thread of hope that had kept you together for so long up to that point.

After briefly meeting with the same female doctor we had seen yesterday, our moods had sunken considerably. Bernadette was on life support.

"How are you dealing? Are you going to be okay-there is still hope, please, don't give up. I can't see you hurt all over again. Be strong, for Bernadette." I blabbered, trying hard to find the right words to say.

Audrey noticed my sudden change of tone, giving me a weak smile. "You're right, even if she does...leave us...she had lived a great life, a short, but great life. I'll somehow make it up to her, I'm not letting her death go unrecognised. I want everyone to know that a very dear friend of mine, has departed."

I nodded my head in agreement, clutching her waist for support. "If you need my help with anything, I'll be more than happy to help. We could hold a ceremony or-"

"How about we just wait. She's not dead yet, right?" Audrey interupted, her voice quivering. I could tell she was on the verge of tears again. Why was it that Audrey had to be the one to go through this? It wasn't fair.

I didn't say anything, just in case I said something I would later regret. Instead, I led her to the same hospital room as yesterday.

Walking in, I greeted her friends, "Hey guys, we're back! Are you ready to leave?"