Chapter Twenty

Audrey's P.O.V.

"Ben what the hell was that?!" I yelled, kneeling next to him on the ground.

"I did you a favor." He said, wiping his now bleeding mouth. His lip was cut from the force of Wesley's punch. "He'll get over it."

"What if he doesn't? You knew how I felt about him! How could you.." I whispered, feeling the tears slowly blurring my sight.

"No, I didn't, and I still don't. I will never understand how an amazing girl like you could like a guy like him. I'm better than him, trust me when I say that he's using you! He only wants one thing, and I know you know that. You're just acting blind, Audrey." Ben scowled.

"Who told you it was any of your business! You know what, you're no better than him. Stooping this low...that's pathetic, Ben. Pathetic!" I yelled.

How could it be that two of the guys that mean the most to me, could do this. They're tearing me apart, couldn't they see? When Ben kissed me, I hadn't felt anything. I felt absolutly nothing. Yet, when I kissed Wesley, it felt like everything in the world was right. I felt safe, and cared for.

Could I possibly start to explain this to Ben? No. He'll think I'm going insane...and at times, I would agree.

After moments of silence, Ben stood up and said, "I think it'd be best if I left."

"Yeah I'd agree with that." I spat, holding the front door open for him.

"I'm sorry, Audrey." Were the last words he said, until I saw him trudging home without a single glance over his shoulder.

Sitting down on my couch, I wanted to disappear more than anything. How could everything crash and burn right infront of my own eyes?

Shuffling around through my pockets until I finally found my phone, I started dialing Christina's number.

"Hello!" I heard, Christina's voice was awefully cheerful.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked, realising how rude I sounded.

"I'm just going to ignore your tone, cause nothing can destroy my mood right now!" She squeeled.

Well, that makes one of us.

"I need your help...come over?" I begged.

"Ugh-Okay, fine. I'll be there in five!" Then the line went dead.

Hearing the blank line on the phone, I realised how lonely it was without Wesley here with me. I didn't even know why he came to my house in the first place. He hadn't called or anything...talk about bad timing. This wasn't completely Ben's fault, I did kiss him back, but to me, it didn't mean anything. I wanted to talk this over with Wes, but I knew it wasn't the right time. He wouldn't want to talk to me, hardly see me at this point.

A double-ring of the doorbell startled me. I then realised that I'd invited Christina over. I wasn't sure how I was going to explain all this to her...when it still hasn't sunk into my thick skull yet.

Unlocking the front door, I saw Christina standing in anticipation with a very large grin plastered onto her face, making her look quite goofy. Her mood was completely the oposite of mine, making me even more depressed.

"Okay, I have so much to tell you!" She exclaimed, jumping from excitement.

We both sat down on the couch. I was re-arranging the pillows, making myself comfortable for what would be a very long conversation. If anyone knew Christina as well as I did, they knew whenever she got this excited...something was up. Usually that something ended up being a long story. When I say long, I mean sit-half-the-day-listening-to-her-talk kind of long.