Chapter Thirty-Seven

Audrey's POV

I woke up to the sight of Wes snoring, his arm wrapped around my waist tightly.. A grin appeared on my face as I remembered our evening yesterday. I'd finally done it with him, and I couldn't believe I'd waited so long! The contact made our connection even stronger, like we'd reached a new part of our relationship. 

"Wes, babe, wake up!" I groaned, shaking his arm repeatedly. 

All he did was moan and flip to the other side, causing my frontside to be positioned behind his backside. Oh come on... Suddenly a new idea had arose in my head. Smirking mischeviously, I slipped out of bed and into the kitchen, filling up a cup full of cold water.

I'd actually never attempted this form of torture on Wesley before....but there was a first for everything right?

As I creeped back into the bedroom, I almost couldn't hold back my laughter. 

One....two....three... "AHHHH!" Wes screamed, jumping out of bed as the cold water I'd poured splashed his face. 

"What the hell was that for?" He asked, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

Damn, his morning voice was sexy as hell! "I tried being nice...but you wouldn't wake up!" 

Wesley started laughing, his voice filling up the room with joy. I couldn't help but laugh along with him. Honestly, I didn't know what was so funny....but I wasn't complaining!

"Well since I'm already awake thanks to a special someone-" he glared, yet I knew he wasn't mad from the smirk on his face "I'll go get cleaned up."

I nodded my head in understanding, going to the fridge as I waited for Wesley to finish using the bathroom first. Scanning through observantly, I sighed as there seemed to be nothing to eat. Like usual, I decided on cereal and milk. 

Wes walked in just as I'd finished my meal. "Done? I have to use the bathroom." I commented, while shoving the dirty dishes into the sink for later.

"Yeah, yeah. I just need to check something real quick...he sighed, looking disgruntled as he scanned through his phone. 

"Babe, I can tell something's up. What is it?" I whispered, walking over towards him.

"I'm just worried, Audrey. This trip didn't turn out the way it was supposed to....and now our parents are getting involved....who knows-" he shrugged, a sad look tugged his features "They might think I'm a bad influence on you, if they already don't at that."  he grumbled.

"Wesley, look at me." I mumbled, swiftly cutting infront of him. 

His eyes locked on mine, holding a set of tears back. I'd never seen Wesley cry before...ever. He was always just so strong and confident! I could tell this was really upsetting him, and he wasn't to blame, I was worried as well.

"Nothing can keep you and I apart, you got that? We've come too far, and went through too much to just give up because of something someone might say. Who cares what they think, anyways? You're not at all a bad influence...you honestly bring out a better side of me. I'm happier, more satisfied with my life than I was back then. And even through all the drama, I wouldn't change a thing, because that made me stronger. I'd witnessed things that I didn't even bother thinking about at the begininning of the year. All thanks to you, I've finally learned to let go. I love you, Wesley, and I'm never going to let you go." I finished.

I didn't mean for it to turn into a speech, but what can I say? My mouth runs like water. Once it's set off, it doesn't stop until it's done.

It felt like a weight had been lifted of my shoulders when I saw Wesley's smile replace the frown he'd worn just moments earlier. "You know that you're the love of my life, right Audrey? And I'm sorry...i've just been thinking so much lately, that I haven't really gotten a chance to enjoy our stay here."