Chapter Thirty-Six

Audrey's POV:  RECAP:

"Police. Phone. Downstairs. Now.

It was Drew. Great, another interruption. Couldn't it wait until at least tomorrow?

Sighing, I reluctantly got back up, running down the stairs to be met by what felt to be the millionth problem.

====================================

"What is it now Drew?" I whispered under my breath, while rushing towards the repeatedly-ringing phone. It was tough trying not to slip up and fall on my face from all the running....that definitely would have cracked up Drew.

I didn't have enough time to process why the police had called, but what they informed me of was definitely something I wouldn't have thought of. 

"Hello?" I asked, looking over to Drew who'd called Wes over as well. They were both patiently waiting for me to continue my conversation with the police, which hadn't really begun yet...

"Hello, Miss Ryder. It's a shame your trip might be ruined, yet I had orders to inform your parents of your current situation. They should be at the hotel in days time. Very sorry, Miss. Hope you have a good day!" The officer dropped the line, not letting me utter a sentence.

I stood there with the phone on my ear, the dead line ringing as his words really sunk in. My parents knew. Great....the only thing worse than the police were my mother and father. 

What would they say? All my life I'd been a good girl, I was always on time and organized. They'd wonder what'd caused the change. In all honesty, Wes had nothing to do with it. No one did. It just seemed to happen as highschool came to a close, and all the drama seemed to ride up on me. So what? I guess the good girl wasn't so good anymore.

I should have been ashamed. Yet instead, I felt an odd sense of pride. Maybe I'm going crazy....who knows?

"What's wrong babe? You still have that shocked look on your face." Wes whispered in my ear as he grabbed my waist from behind, rocking me back and forth gently.

Sighing, I ran my fingers through my tangled hair. How was I supposed to tell them our trip was over? We were all looking forward to it for weeks...

"Look the police just called and it seems like our trip's over. Our parent's are coming to take us back." I whispered, not having the courage to look them in the face.

Both Drew and Wes seemed to take a moment, before freaking out over the news.

"They-WHAT? Why would they call our parents? We were doing just fine as it was..." Wes breathed, his eyes going wild as he thought over the punishement he'd recieve.

"Well I'm guessing our parents would murder the police for not informing them...maybe it's better this way. Who knows, our parents might let us stay after all." I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

"Yeah well that's a tough call. I really doubt our parents will, but I guess we'll have to see." Wes exclaimed. 

"This is all my fault, really, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have gotten you guys involved..." I mumbled, feeling like a weight was on my chest, like this truly was my fault. It was my business, after all, I was the one being attacked, not them. How could I have been dumb enough to get them involved? What was I even thinking getting revenge?

I had made so many mistakes in the past couple weeks it's like I was really experiencing life for the first time in a new light.  If it was a better or worse experience I had my doubts.

"Whoa, Audrey! Of coarse this isn't your fault. You would do the same for us if we were going through the same thing! We aren't just going to let a bunch of jelous girls boss you around. They can't get away with that. Do you understand me?" Drew finally spoke up, causing me to feel a bit better of the situation, but I still felt like It was completely my fault.