Chapter Twenty-Three

Audrey's P.O.V.

"Audrey, will you be my girlfriend?" Wes asks, fiddling with his hands.

I gasped. Deep down I knew this would happen sometime, somehow, I just didn't realise how soon. My feelings for him were unmistakable. This was an easy answer. Easier than it was supposed to be.

"Yes." I whispered.

At this, Wesley's head snapped up, his eyes wide, and his mouth set in a grin.

"Really?!" He asked, surprised.

"Obviously. You've been nothing but good to me. I'm the one who's surprised right now." I mumbled, playing with the hem of my shirt.

After all, I was the one who kissed Ben, even when I liked Wes. I was the one who only said yes to this whole bet for popularity. I sighed at the memory, how could I have even thought about that? I was surrounded by people who loved me, and it took all this chaos to make me realise it.

"You're too good for me." I added.

I glanced back up at a shocked Wes. What was so shocking? It was true. He was perfect.

"If anyone's too good for anyone, it's you Audrey. You bring out the best in me, and I really don't know what I would do without you. If you hadn't set me straight, I would still be the douche I once was...but you did set me straight. You showed me who I could really be. The better part of me. There's no way to make up for something like that." He says, gripping my hand tightly.

I smiled, and flung my arms around his neck, pulling him in for a hug. "Thank you. For  everything." I whispered in his ear, and before he could respond, I kissed him. Pulling away from his embrace, I started walking towards my front door.

"Goodnight boyfriend. See you tomorrow!" I chuckled, waving back towards Wes.

Boyfriend.

I really did like the sound of that. It was different, but it was also something I could seriously get used to.

=====================================

*Beep. Beeep. Beeeep.*

Ugh. School. I whack my arm in the sound of the beeping, hoping to hit the alarm. No such luck happens, as I keep hitting my hand on my cabinet. Eventually, my arm starts getting sore, as I open my eyes to find the lights in my bedroom blinding my sight. This time, I aime  correctly, and shut off my alarm.

I heard voices downstairs, but made nothing of it.

Reluctantly, I stood up and walked into my bathroom. I splashed cold water all over my face, waking me up. Sparing a glance in the mirror, I flinched. Holy crap. It looked as if I hadn't slept all night.

Sighing, I grabbed my towel, drying my face in it. Shocker...I really hadn't slept all night. Everytime I nearly did, my thoughts kept playing around Wes. Looked like I needed him more than I had realized.

Suddenly, I had a thought! I would be seeing Wesley today at school, and it would be our  first official day as boyfriend and girlfriend. I couldn't help but feel giddy. Ugh oh. I didn't tell Lizzy nor Christina the big news!

Okay, Audrey calm down! They'll find out at school. Everything will be just fine! You finally don't have to worry about your feelings for Wes.

I got so wrapped up in my thoughts that I hadn't noticed Wes leaning on the door in my bathroom.

What was he doing here?

"Hey babe. Rough night?" Wes asked, concerned and curious at the same time.