Chapter Twenty-Eight

Wesley's P.O.V.

Audrey and I were laying down on a hill, looking at the full blue sky above us, when a rustling erupted from behind. I, on instinct, spun around standing upright.

"Who is it? Who's there?" I challenged, waiting for the coward to reveal itself.

Audrey was still sitting behind me, her eyes wide with curiousity. "Careful." she whispered, slowly getting up from her spot.

A figure with short brown hair and mischevious eyes stepped out from behind a tree. "I see you've gotten cozy with each other..."

I scoffed, "You really followed us here? What are you, three?"

She giggled, an innocent, yet fake sound. "Actually, I'm not here for you. I'm here to talk with Audrey."

I clentched my fists, then un-clentched them, wondering how far she was willing to go. I didn't like hitting girls, but she was an exception. "You're not laying a finger on Audrey, got it?" I threatened, trying to keep my cool.

She only rolled her eyes, a smile creeping on her lips, "Protective, much? I'm not going to hurt your little whore, I just want to talk."

That did it. "DON'T YOU DARE CALL AUDREY THAT! SHE ISN'T A WHORE, YOU'RE THE WHORE LIZ! I love Audrey, can't you just understand and leave us alone?" I seethed.

She tightened her jaw, "I see how it is." with that, she left walking back down the way she had come from.

"Wait, Liz..." I grumbled. Maybe I was being a bit harsh...

"Yeah, Wes?" She asked, acting innocent as if nothing had happened.

"Stay away from Audrey." I stated, sighing.

"Whatever you say, hun." She cooed, shrugging her shoulders and walking off.

"Well...that was strange. Don't you think?" Audrey mumbled, picking at the blades of grass below her.

I nodded in agreement, "Sure was. I wonder what she wanted to talk to you so badly about?"

"Not sure, but I have a feeling it's nothing good." She explained.

"Nothing good ever does come from jelousy..." I added, clasping Audrey's hand.

We stayed silent after that, trying to make sense of the scene that just unfolded infront of us. My mind kept wandering to Audrey's bucket list. We've nearly done everything on it, but one thing. Go on a roadtrip. That was the one thing that actually needed a bit of thought put into it. Where would we go? Who would we bring? I felt the excitement rising up inside me. Audrey and I living together in a hotel for a couple nights, visiting a new place. It was like a dream.

"Wes? Wes, you okay?" Audrey mumbled, shoving me.

That definetly caught my attention as I realised she was calling my name the whole two minutes that I was lost in my own thoughts, "Ugh sorry, I zoned out."

"No kidding..." She grumbled. "What were you thinking about?"

I cleared my throat in embarassement, "Well...the roadtrip."

Audrey seemed confused, crossing her arms over her chest, "Which roadtrip?"

"The one that you always wanted to go on." I chuckled as understanding crossed her features.

"Wes, you seriously don't have to do this. That was just a list I made on my free time. I honestly never thought any of that would happen." She explained.

"Exactly. You never thought any of that would happen, but I want it to. I want you to live out your dreams, and have fun. I want you to know how much you mean to me, and that I'm willing to do anything for you. Even set up a roadtrip."