Chapter - 2 Reborn (2)

Chapter - 2 Reborn (2):

"Del?"

I walk up towards my eldest son, as I notice that he is just sitting by himself, doing almost nothing. The fact he's quiet makes me feel awfully nervous to whatever were in his mind.

"Oh, bunso? "

He looked at my direct and his blue eyes immediately locked itself on me. I made myself calm down and slowly sat next to him.

"Are you thinking about something?"

I inquired, somewhat nervously... I have to try to strike up a conversation with him. I already blew my chance earlier. The bracelet... I never realized it was a small clock that people use to check the time wherever they go. Thank goodness I was able to explain myself to them. I told them that I mistook it because I wasn't feeling well. They somehow believed it...

"There is, but... It's nothing to worry about. Work stuff, you know. Why are you asking though?"

"I just noticed you're very quiet..."

I pointed out, and he raised his brow in response.

"Is that all?"

He inquired. Did I make another mistake? This is more difficult than I anticipated. I can't help but nod and admit that I'm concerned. He looked at me, surprised, and then laughed. I looked at him, perplexed as to why he was laughing.

"Oh, Phil, you little baby! Hahahahaha!"

He laughed, and it took him a few seconds to calm down. I just stared at him, perplexed by his sudden burst of emotion.

"You? Worried? Hahahaha! Oh Phil.."

He smirked, trying not to laugh any harder. Is.. Is my younger son and the other two not close? Why did Del take it as a joke or something...

I gave him the most serious look I could muster, as if I wasn't joking. He looked at me and immediately understood the message. He coughed and smiled at me.

"It's unusual to see you and hear you ask, but don't worry, I'm fine; I just want to have some quiet time for myself, reflecting and shit, you know."

He said before leaning and pinching my cheek.

"It hurts!"

I complained, and he laughed, clearly enjoying what he was doing and seeing. This kid! He is so strong that I feel like crying! Wait.. No! I'm not crying! It has to be this body! I don't easily cry with just a pinch.

"Kuya, it hurts!"

I complained even more. Martial screamed from the kitchen, telling Del to stop. Del just smiled and gently slapped the cheek he had pinched earlier.

"Soft face, soft face. If you were a girl, you'd have hundreds of men vying for your hand, but you're a man."

He said it carelessly. I have no idea what it meant. Is it a compliment or an insult? Should I smack him?

I rubbed my pinched cheeks. It stung the moment I touched it. He is not kind to this body at all.

"Don't do that again... it hurts, you know?"

I whispered, but loud enough for him to hear. He let out a small laugh but did nothing else.

Oh, he said he needed some alone time. I suppose I'll have to give him that. At the very least, I have a short conversation with my eldest son.

I stood up and walked up the stairs slowly. Del is sitting silently again after I cast some glances his way. I see.. He doesn't want me to know, does he? I suppose it's his problem. Even so, I'm bothered. I'd like to assist him. I sighed in defeat. I entered my son's bedroom, which is now mine because I am in his body. So it's temporarily mine.