Chapter - 11 The Man in Red (2)

Chapter - 11 The Man in Red (2):

"So you could not do it yet?"

[Please forgive us, sir... were trying to get him and eliminate him. But there are too many eyes on him. Please give us a little more time. We'll grasp him before he can even speak! We never fail in our mission! ]

The voice on the other end of the phone pleaded. I hummed and assured him.

"I have a long patience. Go at your own pace. As long as he is incapable of speaking or moving. You are free to take your time and complete your job. But if he is able to speak and move, just enough for him to tell them it's me as his assailant; do everything in your power to kill him on the spot before he could point at me."

I muttered as I peered around my bedroom. I made sure no one was nearby and could hear what I was saying.

[Leave it to us, sir! We will certainly fulfill your commission! Have a wonderful day!]

I hummed and ended the call. I looked around the room and went to the cabinet near me. I opened it and rummaged for some casual clothes. When I find some to wear. I went to the bathroom and cleaned myself before wearing them.

After pondering for awhile, I decided to head downstairs to meet some faces.

When I do so, I saw Del and Martial in non-working clothes. Which confuses me as I normally see them wearing uniforms. So I walked towards them and asked...

"You two... Where are you going?"

My sons turned to face me.

Where are they going? Maybe I should join and spend some time with them. I'm bored and don't know what to do.

"We're going for a jog-walk. Gotta ease our mind for the upcoming meeting tomorrow."

Del, my eldest son, spoke up with honesty. I beamed when I heard what they are up to and asked..

"Can I come?"

Del tilted his head when he heard my words. Martial raised a brow. I pursed my lips, nervous as to what they will say.

Is it wrong to spend time with my sons? I'm sure it's not..

"And why would you want that? Do you want us to buy something for you on the way? If so, then you don't have to come with us; we'll just buy it and bring it back to you."

Martial stated this with cold words. I wanted to say something, to tell them it wasn't that, but I couldn't utter out a single word.. so I looked away instead, not knowing what to do next.

I simply wanted to spend time with them...

"Aw... Don't make that face, Phil. Just text us what you want and we'll get it for you. Let's go, Martial."

Del stated as he left the mansion. When Martial stared at me, I perked up, expecting he might reconsider. But he merely shook his head and turned around and then followed Del. I sighed heavily as I watched them fade from sight.

"Master Philip.. the breakfast is ready.. do you.. do you want to eat..?"

I turned to see a small and petite maid trembling and looking down on the floor. Avoiding meeting my eyes.

We only have a few servants here, and they rarely show up. At first, I thought they were too busy... As a result, I didn't bother looking for them. But when I did find few and approached them to start a conversation out of boredom, I immediately noticed how terrified they are of me.

I was initially puzzled. So I decided to find out what was going on. So I surreptitiously observed the servants' interactions with my sons and compared them to my own interactions with them.