Chapter - 24 Cruento (3)

Chapter - 24 Cruento (3):

"Come to think of it, UN wished to meet Phil."

Del said this while chewing his meal. I sighed and looked down at Del, disappointed.

"Don't eat while your mouth is full of food."

Del grinned and nodded as I spoke. I don't believe that nod. He would always swear not to do it or sign to me that he understood, but he still did it. I'm done...

Martial, "What exactly does he want?"

Del, "To be honest, I'm not sure, but I'm guessing he'll confront Phil about the war one more time."

Del remarked this while playing with his fork and food. Yep, I'm done.

"It's been 4 months, he's a clinging Bastard..."

As a vain popped on his brow, Martial muttered. I take a look at my glass of water, then at Martial.

Kati, "He seems to want to know what he wants to know; wouldn't it be better to just meet him?"

Martial, "Don't say anything; I'm still upset with you."

Martial explained. He's still angry about the war, huh? I felt uncomfortable seeing his reaction.. so I sighed and tried to defend my choice.

Kati, "Kuya.. I did it because it had to be done. He wanted to assassinate me, so I decided to punish him with my own hands. Even if I don't, the UN will still have him executed for it."

Martial, "Then you should have left it with them!"

He glared at me. I'd grown accustomed to it by this point. I shook my head in disapproval.

"No, I need that action. I need to show the world that messing with me will result in death, especially in the cases of the Lesser Countries."

"So it's a power move for you? What about those innocent people? Have you considered them?"

He said to me with a cold frown. I stopped a for a minute, not because I don't know the answer for that.. it's because I don't know how to tell him my answer. After a minute of silence, I stated..

Kati, "They are not my people. They are not of my concern. "

Martial, "What?"

Martial's eyes widened in disbelief and Del stopped eating and stared at me with the same expression.

"Us Country Masters, only see and protect our own people. Humans who are under us. Offending another Country Master is the same as endangering your own people. Coleen that brat offended me. And by doing so, he sealed his and his people's fate. His Humans are not my concern, so I don't care."

I spoke it honestly and without hesitation. It's because that's exactly what I believe in. That's how I was taught. Only serve and care for your own people. Not the other's.

"You.. you.."

Martial looked like he will explode in any second. I know he didn't like my answer. But I stood firm with my choice.

"You decided to act like him now? I don't like it!"

Martial slammed his hands in the table which surprised Del.

"You! Calm down! Someone's eating here!"

At the same time Del said that, Martial who looked so frustrated, decided to drink a whole bottle of alcohol and eat a mouthful of the meal he had. I was shocked at him doing it.

Del, "He is just stress, Bunso.. let him-"

Before Del could even finish his words, Martial started coughing and started to look pale.