Chapter - 42 Warmth

Chapter - 42 Warmth:

"Sometimes, there are things you couldn't have, even if you try so hard to get them"

America said as he handed his project to a teacher. The teacher praised America for passing that thing before the deadline, but America only nodded him and walked off.

"Why? Are you telling me you wanted something but you couldn't get it? You? Well that's something I didn't dare to imagine."

Philippines joked as he and America walked together towards USA's Office. That's where they'll be having their lunch..

"Yes.. And I learned the hard way. Not only did I not have it, I even lost it forever."

America smiled in sadness, visibly bitter about something. Philip stared at the tall man and his eyes sharpened a bit before he sighing.

Philip, "Joe."

America flinched when he heard that nickname and looked at the small man beside him, smiling.

To the other students who were around them as the two passed by, in their eyes, it's obvious that America adores Philippines a lot. Philippines, despite looking like a strict person, everyone does admit that the man is highly attractive; if it weren't for his height, he would be a perfect hot icon. But even then, Philippines is already hated. Who would want to be close to such a person?

Philippines felt the piercing eyes of the students around them. He felt nervous and uncomfortable, but he did not show it. Showing weakness will make you vulnerable to predators who want to devour you until you don't exist anymore.

Philip, "So.. How did you feel?"

America, "What?"

America is left confused by what the small man asked him. This man is neither short nor tall. He is.. In the middle, but society has a very high standard for their species...

Philip, "How did you feel when you lost it? That thing you failed to have."

Philip blankly stared forward; his eyes were enough to make the other students clear the way for them.

America, "..."

Philip, "..."

America, "...Guilty.."

Is the only word America can say. His face is visibly disturbed and uncomfortable.

Philip stayed quiet as America felt awkward.

Because he knew what exactly he meant..

"Well, well, well... Look what we have here!"

The two stopped on their tracks and looked back to see China and his group of 'friends'.

China smirked at the sight of meeting the two. His golden eyes examined Philippines from head to toe. Philippines responded with the same attitude.

America, "Oh, you... China. "

America faces China with confidence while Philip stands behind America, obviously not interested in doing or saying anything after scrutinizing China with his eyes.

"I believe you have done what I asked that time, America."

China said as he eyed Philip longer. His eyes met Phil's, and both pairs of gold eyes stared at each other. The two were know for having a very hostile relationship. Despite Philippines being a rank Prince holder, he dared not to acknowledge China's new authority.