I - 22 Trouble

Vegas

I woke up with a terrible headache. It took me a few seconds to remember the night before. Tankhun that bastard ! I'll kill him! I never thaught he was capable of such a cruel act! But above all I wonder why he did that except he didn't like me and I had stolen Pete from him.

Peeeete!

Oh my god how worried he must have been! Tears came to my eyes thinking how he must have thought when he didn't see me coming home all night. My baby he must have tried to call me a thousand times. Oh Tankhun you will pay for this!

I no longer had power within the minor family and also no interfered in the business of the main family. It was so obvious that the reason for kidnapping me was to get me away from Pete. Tahnkhun still hadn't deal with Pete's lost. He wanted to get him back by making him believe that I was still a bad guy.

What a joke! I was sure Pete wouldn't fall for it. He knew I loved him like crazy and our relationship was so good.

I tried to move and found that my feet and hands were chained. I was locked in a dark room with only one door and one window with the curtains drawn. There was only a bed I was lying on.

A bodyguard came in. I recognized the one I hit yesterday. He was carrying a tray with food and a glass of water. He put the tray in front of me and said:

- Eat.

I was looking at the food and thinking "I'm sure it's stuffed with sleeping pills to keep me dazed"

- I'm not hungry. I said

- Eat. he repeated.

- Nope.

He came near to me and give me a big slap in my face that made blood spurt from my nose. I lifted my head and glared at him.

"You and I one day we'll meet again and you'll have a bad time" I thought.

He raised his hand to hit me again, I didn't look down. He stopped his gesture, understanding it is not even worth keeping on. He left the room.

I punched the wall, trying hopelessly to break my chains. Pete my love wait for me! Keep faith in our love, I'll be back soon. I like you.

Pete

Ding! I woke up with a start. I must not have fallen asleep for more than a few minutes. I grabbed my phone hoping it was a message from Vegas. It was Pol asking me to call him back when I woke up. Nothing else.

I breathed a deep sigh of despair.

I was sitting on the floor, my back leaning against the couch where Macau had fallen asleep on.

Last night we had gone through different phases, from joy to worry and then to the most total trouble. After calling Pol and Arm to ask if they had seen him, I called a some acquaintances but no one knew where he was. Nope just knew that he had left the house alone in the evening taking his car.

I decided not to alert the main family because I would have seen everyone coming, especially Porsche and Tankhun, and I didn't want to see anyone.

I suffered like hell because I did not think for a single moment that a futile reason could have prevented him from giving us news. No, it was serious and that's why I was afraid.

He must have been physically unable to give any news, injured or held prisoner. I hadn't considered any other alternative.

If something terrible had happened I would have felt it deep inside me. No he was alive, alive, alive.

My phone was ringing, it was New. I didn't want to take the call, I didn't want to talk to anyone unless it was about Vegas. At that moment Macau woke up and asked me: 

- Is there anything new?

- No, nothing new. You're going to stay here in case he comes back. As for me, I have to move, I can't stand being locked up here any longer. I'm going to go around all the places he could have gone. I'll let you know.

- Okay. Pete?

- Yes ?

- You know Vegas hasn't always been a good person but he loves you and he wouldn't do anything to hurt you. I'm sure of it because I've never seen him with anyone like he is with you.

- I say : Don't worry I have no doubt about it I'm just scared.

I was leaving the house. In front of the gate I found New.

- You know you shouldn't come here.

- I know, but I didn't intend to enter. I had no news for days so I was worried.

- Everything is fine.

- Are you sure ? Have you seen your face?

- Listen I have a problem but I don't want to talk about it with you because you can't help me.

- But why ? It's because of Vegas, right?

- Yes.

- Let me help you. I made you a promise I'll never hurt him again and, believe me, whatever happened, I would keep it.

- Ok if you want to come with me get on the car but I won't tell you anything

- We don't need to talk about it, just let me watch your back.

New

This situation became untenable.

Tankhun could have asked me to destroy Pete's trust in Vegas, I wouldn't do that.

It's true that I was in love with Pete but I wasn't ready to go to any lengths to win his heart. I wanted to play fair, whether I win or lose I would have nothing to reproach myself for.

The most important thing now was to take care of Pete so that nothing bad happened to him.

I also decided to make sure Tankhun didn't go overboard with Vegas.

For now it was all I could do not to jeopardize my chances of becoming a bodyguard, as I had promised myself to do for Chan.