I - 33 My beloved hedgehog

Vegas

From our garden's hideout we could hear footsteps around coming closer and closer till they surrounded and it would be the end.

- Let's get into the house. They won't expect our move and we'll have few minutes off.

We needed to buy some time waiting for help.

We walked along the house's wall till a terrace. A door-window gave on the outside. I tried to press the handle and the door opened. Big curtains hid the interior of the room. I looked around and, seeing nobody, we entered the room. With a chin sign I ask Pete to go upstairs. Arriving a corridor we opened the first room door we came to. It was a washroom. We locked the door.

- Let's stay here until we can get out of this place.

I rested on the wall and slowly sit. Pete did the same and put his head on my shoulder.

- Vegas?

- Yes?" I said.

He lifted his head to look at me.

- We didn't even have time to celebrate our reunion.

- Don't worry, we'll have plenty of time for that later.

He took my face in his hands.

- If these are our last moments I want you to know. I never ever want to spend a minute of my life without you. Since you've been away I figured out. I'm sure I loved you from the first day I met you. First I didn't understand because it was you the evil Vegas. When the others laughed at us speaking of "the Stockholm syndrome" they were wrong, it was something already into my heart. You were like a lost hedgehog that was rolling up to protect itself from the badness of the world. Even though some prickles hurt me, I was able to pierce that ironclad armor and touch your heart. I am so proud of that!

The closeness of death was nothing in front of his love words. It was only him, with his body next to mine, his hands on my cheeks and all the world no more existed Teardrops flowed from my eyes and I put my lips on his.

Suddenly, gunshots erupted from everywhere. Our men had probably got there.

- Come on, let's take a chance. I said to Pete.

We got up and saw that no one was in the hallway so we came out. Just as we were getting out, Uan came running towards us with his gun in his hand. I ran over and knocked him to the floor as his gun shot flew up into the air. Pete heldhis arm on the floor and I put my gun to his side.

A shot sounded. I looked at Pete blankly because I hadn't shot anything. A big red spot appears on his back as he collapses.

Noo Pete!

Uan was trying to grab his gun. As I stood up I shot him two times in the breast.

I was turning my face. Carlo Spaggione, his arm straight out, just had fired at Pete.

I let my gun fall to the ground and faced him, preparing to join my love.

- You and your fucking family! I'm going to kill you all one by one! he said angrily.

- And you're the first on my list! He pointed his gun at my head ready to shoot.

Bang! The Italian looked at me with a startled expression as a small spot was appearing between his eyes. He fell backward, he was already dead.

I was scared to turn my head and find Pete dead, but I heard the voice of my man say with a sigh.

- Vegas

His arm stretched out, gun in his hand, he was alive!

I hurried toward him to protect him. I heard the sound of footsteps on the stairs. Suddenly Pol and Arm came running up, weapons in hand.

- Help me! Pete is wounded! I screamed.

Kim

I never thought I would be so happy to find my brother alive.

As Porsche arrived, holding him on his shoulders, I could see that he had been tortured badly. A fire of hatred ignited in me.

- And the others?" I asked Porsche.

- They didn't have time to get out.

- Call for everyone to the rescue, we have to get to them as soon as possible. Porsche takes my brother to get some medical attention. We have to save Pete and Vegas.

We didn't wait for backup, but rushed to the wall where Porsche and Kinn had been. We heard the gunfire and started shooting.

It would be a tough battle, but there would be no mercy for those men who had wanted to hurt us so badly.

Pete

When I open my eyes I see only a large white ceiling.

Then suddenly Vegas filled that space and he gave me a big smile.

- It wasn't our day again. I tell him in a throaty voice.

- Pete, when we made our merits together to meet again in our next lives, I believe we drew a lucky star over our heads. The shot didn't hit anything vital. You'll be out soon.

He placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

I turned my head, Macau, New and Tankhun were there too, relieved that I had woken up.