A little break to talk about some things I enjoy in the Pete/Vegas relationship

I've read some stories in which they evolve into a dominant/dominated relationship and I have a hard time with that. What do you think ?

At the very beginning of the series Pete doesn't seem interested in love stories. He is simply out to do his job. He follows the rules and doesn't have any qualms about it. He seems to have no emotion about beating up a man or seeing another one tortured.

Is he heartless? It's more complicated than it sounds, isn't it?

When he describes his father/son relationship, it is clear that he has experienced a violent world since his childhood. However, he also learns about love from his grandparents.

Love is not a given for him. One must fight, one has to give it all to deserve it. And when love came knocking at his door, he gave his all.

The meaning of love for me is to find the right person who understands you, who sees you as you really are, with the right qualities and the wrong ones, and who accepts you with no desire to change you.

Pete asks Vegas to move to the main family to be treated better, this is the only time he suggests anything. He never tells him that something is wrong with him. When he comes in with his face bashed in, he doesn't say, "You've taken another beating from your father," he just says, "Your father was there". He's very sensitive. When he tells him "You're a psycho" it sounds more like a love game than a value judgment.

The Vegas/Pete relationship is beginning with a lot of mistrust. Vegas is a predator, he wants everyone in his bed, especially people close to his cousin. Pete is a complete outsider and Vegas isn't interested in him in the first place. Because of their forced co-existence, Vegas will realize what kind of man Pete really is. He is warm, he is empathetic and most of all he has a crush on Vegas. His actions, rather than being repulsive to Pete, turn him into a more attractive person in his eyes. When Pete tells Vegas that according to the book owning a hedgehog reveals his need for love, he's already figured it out but since he lacks confidence he tries to confirm his hunch.

Even if they are slightly sadomasochistic in their sexual practices, I don't think they are. They do not share a master/slave relationship but rather a lot of harmony and respect with one another.

When they have sex Vegas' attitude is clearly respectful, he gives Pete passionate kisses and seems to worship him more than dominate him. They are both into bondage and that' s good because their sex scene is so hot.

Vegas never tries to get the better of Pete. Pete never gets the better of Vegas. That's why the bar scene where he can't shoot him is so beautiful because Pete, even though he loves him, doesn't grovel in front of Vegas and because Vegas doesn't show contempt, he's more humble than ever and opens his arms to Pete as if he was saying "Sorry, I know how unlucky it is for you to have fallen in love with me!"

Anyway, this is my opinion and it's my own. Thanks for all the great VegasPete stories one can find on Wattpad. And sorry it took me so long to post the sequel, which I'm posting at the same time as this break. Thanks to all.