II - 1 #VegasPete in family: when the child appears

PART 2

Pete

- Yes, it's your turn to take care of him!

- No, I can't do it

- Listen, since Venice is with us Macau feels neglected. I haven't spent a moment with him in days and we need a moment to talk together.

- And why doesn't he talk to me?

- Because he wants to talk to me about things that are none of your business. Well, let me show you again.

Since baby was here Vegas had relied fully on me to take care of him.

At first I was so happy to cuddle him, to feed him his baby bottles, to run to cheer him up when he woke up at night crying.

But little by little I realised that I was both neglecting the rest of the family and that my over-protective behaviour was keeping Vegas and Macau from taking their responsibility in his education.

So I forced myself to adjust my attitude even though sharing my baby with someone else was really hard.

- You lift both feet with one hand. With the other hand you slide the diaper under his buttocks and put him back down. You can give him a few sniffs on his belly with your mouth, it makes him laugh!

- Do I have to?

- Yes, because you have to touch him, cuddle him so that he feels reassured. A child cannot live without tenderness.

- I can't live without your tenderness either. I also want to be touched, touched everywhere... He said while trying to kiss my neck.

- Concentrate on the baby. Now put it back on the table. Press the diaper on one side and bring the velcro to the front and do the same on the other side.

Venice chirps, happy to be the center of our attention.

- So I did okay, right? I think I deserve a reward.

I bring my face close to hers and say softly:

- If you keep Venice tonight I promise you'll get a very, very big reward when I get back.

Our sex life has lost some of its intensity since Venice has been with us and I know Vegas is as desperate for sex as I am.

Her eyes light up.

- You promise?

- Yes, I promise. Do you think I don't want it too?

He takes Venice in his arms and makes him laugh by planting little kisses on his neck.

- Baby tonight you're going to stay with Daddy Vegas and we're going to have a lot of fun together.

Macau

Since a fourth family member was dropped off at the door, I'm having a hard time adjusting.

I know I shouldn't be jealous of Venice, but I need to feel like someone is paying attention to me. There are some things going on in my life and I need to talk to someone about them. Luckily Pete felt that I needed to open up and he asked me out to dinner, just the two of us. I find it easier to talk to him than to Vegas, who isn't really a good listener.

I'm in love, really in love, and this is the first time I've felt that way. But it' s a one-sided love and I'm suffering a lot. I feel like telling Pete about it will make me feel a little less miserable.

Vegas

Why did I say yes. I don't feel comfortable with Venice. It's not that I don't like her. From the first day I saw his little face that reminded me so much of Macau I knew I was going to love him and do everything I could to protect him. But how can someone who has only known violence and beatings take care of this little fragile thing? Every time I touch him I feel like I'm going to break him. While Pete immediately found the gestures to take care of him, I look like a klutz and I'm always afraid of hurting him.

Pete and Macau are on their way out.

Pete comes up to us, places a kiss on Venice's forehead and a kiss on my mouth.

- Don't worry, you'll make it. Look how much he loves you.

Venice smiles at me while shouting - Bah bah bah sounds.