I - 31 Between men

Vegas

- J'ai besoin de connaître toutes les entreprises que vous possédez, toutes les entreprises auxquelles vous êtes associé et les noms de vos contacts pour chacune d'entre elles. Dit l'Italien.

Kinn avait un regard de tueur dans les yeux en regardant l'homme.

- Tu ferais aussi bien de me tuer tout de suite car je ne te dirai rien.

Ne vous inquiétez pas, c'est prévu. Je t'ai déjà tué une fois, ça ne me dérange pas de le refaire.

I didn't understand what he meant by that. Apparently this man wanted to start an empire in Thailand and, instead of trying to make a name for himself, he intended to take over all the businesses that belonged to the main family.

- At first I wanted to kill you to make your family powerless. After all, your father is too old and your brothers... no one thinks they could. I thought once you were gone I would have no trouble to bring the whole house of cards down.

- You know next to nothing my family, they won't let you do.

- I do believe that I underestimated you. Ever since your younger brother took over, he's been as good as you, and he's been giving me a hard time. So when Uan provided me with an unexpected opportunity to catch you, I decided to change my plans.

- What do you mean ? Kinn asked.

- For now the two families are united to defend their interests and all those who work for them work hand in hand. But make no mistake about it, although your wifey has taken over the leadership of the minor family, everyone in this family still considers Vegas the real boss. They only obeys because he is working with you. Yes, what a pity ! 

He said pointing at me. 

- He has decided to live his love story with a minion and to leave the business !

I threw myself on him but I was held back by my chain.

- You motherfucker, I won't allow you to talk about Pete like that! One of the guards pushed me violently to the ground.

- Don't interrupt me! So I've decided to mess things up between your two families.

- What ?

- Well what will happen if they find out that you were tortured and eventually killed by your dear cousin Vegas? Don't you think the sacred union will explode to pieces?

My god he was really evil to come up with such a twisted plan but unfortunately, given my violent past and my hatred towards Kinn, I thought everyone would easily believe that I could have done all this to Kinn! I understood now why I had not been tortured too.

- For now I worked it out so that they do not look for you the time to carry my plan out. Of course I need to stage my little blockbuster. I needed a place where you'd be found dead and witnesses who would tell everyone what Vegas did to you. I myself have a role to play in this scenario, I am the one who will kill Vegas but too late to save my dear friend and partner. So I will have no trouble become close of the family and gradually destroy it from the inside.

- You bastard! I'm not going to let you do it!

- And what can you do my poor Kinn? In about ten days, the time to put everything in place, you will be definitely dead. And until then you're going to undergo my little daily treatment, we'll see if you don't drop me some interesting information.

He walked out of the room laughing.

I found myself alone with Kinn. He turned his face to me and told me.

- You have ten days to find a way to make us getting out of here. You say all the time that you've changed, that you're not the same man anymore. Well this is your chance to prove if you're no longer the monster you used to be but a man who can be trusted, I'll trust you with my life.

- Do not worry. I said. No matter what we will escape.

Kinn

Day after day I suffered the worst tortures.

I was drugged, beaten, insulted but I remained silent.

Strangely, the only hope of ever getting out of this hell came from the one to whom I would have been least able to entrust my life. Vegas!

Every day when I came back from my torture sessions, he tried to treat my wounds, he gave me words of encouragement.

- Hold on Kinn, we'll get through this, I won't let you down.

He was visibly suffering from seeing himself in good health, well treated by our jailers, while I was suffering from the worst injuries. It wasn't his usual place, he had often been the perpetrator rather than the victim and he clumsily tried to support me. I was discovering a new Vegas that knew how to be compassionate and caring.

One morning he said to me :

- It is for tonight. I don't want to talk too much because I don't know if we are being watched but I found the way out. You take care of staying alive and I'll take care of the rest. I will need your help tonight so try to be strong and remember, I will protect you no matter what.

Vegas

I had found an iron rod under my heel and sharpened it by rubbing it against my chains. I had then succeeded little by little to saw off the latch of the chain which held my ankle. I was now freed from this hindrance but I had to manage to get out of this room where we were locked up.

Every night a guard made his rounds and entered the room around midnight. Given the short time we had left, I had to act tonight to save Kinn and myself from certain death.

When Kinn came home like every evening, drugged, his face and body more and more swollen from the blows he received, I whispered in his ear. - At midnight when the guard will pass for his rounds I will try my luck. He nodded with a sigh, unable to utter a word.

I was standing behind the front door. I heard the footsteps of the guard in the hallway and I was thinking inside of me. Pete my love, give me the courage to do it!

The guard came in, I put my two handcuffed arms around his throat and strangled him. He drew his weapon to shoot me but Kinn, in a last effort, snatched the weapon from the guard hands and hit the back of his neck with the butt.

Once the man was neutralized, I looked for the keys to free us and headed towards Kinn. I tell him :

- Come on, let's go out. I will take you on my shoulders.

- No, I can't take it anymore. You have more chance if you go on your own. He looked me straight in the eye and added:

- Come back and get me like you promised.

I gave him one last look and left the room. There was a long hallway that led to a staircase and I gone down. In the distance I could hear the sound of several people chatting, laughing and apparently eating. I saw a window overlooking the garden and climbing it I found myself outside.

I couldn't believe in my luck! I was looking for a way out of the garden and, seeing that it's not a tall perimeter wall, I climbed up and found myself in the street.

Free!

The street was dark and I walked forward on the alert, ready at any moment to find myself face to face with an enemy. A light went on from a window of the house where a few moments earlier I was prisoner and, seized with fear, I rushed myself in the recess of a wall that I found in front of me.

I heard a very slight noise behind me. I turned around, ready to jump on the slightest person who would prevent me from escaping.

Oh my god, there he was! The person that I'm meant to be with. The hope of finding him one day was the only thing that had kept me going. I threw myself into his arms to embrace him.

- Oh Pete my love, I finally found you!