The crown

Present

Jisung woke up in the middle of the night to get a glass of water.

He hadn't been able to sleep properly since the fire.

Neither had Felix. The freckled boy was even worse. Nightmares and panic attacks.

Lucky him, he had Jisung next to him. Although that made the guilt grow faster inside him.

On his way to Hyunjin's kitchen, Jisung heard faded voices arguing in Hyunjin's room.

He went on his tippy toes to see what was going on and through the cracked door, he spotted Hyunjin and Minho buried in piles of paper.

-Hyung? he asked in a sleepy whine.

They both wrapped their heads towards the door and saw Jisung with his eyes half open.

-Hey, baby! Minho went to him and whispered. Why aren't you asleep?

-What are you doing?

-Me and Hyunjin are just talking about financial boring stuff. You don't have to worry about it, alright?

-Minho, if something is wrong, maybe I should go home. There is no need to still pay me without a garden to take care of. I can just go back to dad.

-No! Hyunjin hired you because he is too lazy to take care of his own garden.

-Hey! Hyunjin shouted offended.

-You can stay here. We will figure it out, I promise!

-Ok, Jisung nodded. Go to sleep, please!

-I will, Minho smiled at his boyfriend. In a minute.

After Jisung went to bed, Minho closed the door and flopped on the bed and sighed.

-You will have to tell him eventually, Hyunjin patted his back.

-I know... I don't want to. It will break his heart. After all the things we went through... To put an end to it like that... God, this is so unfair, he groaned.

-I'm sorry, hyung! You look so cute together. I can't believe this has to end.

The next morning, Minho sneaked inside Jisung's room.

The curtains were blocking every ray of sunrise.

Minho saw the form of a body under the blankets and crawled under it, his hands cupping the other's body.

-Morning, baby! he said smiling.

-Ahm...Hyung?

Minho furrowed his eyebrows and turned around to see Jisung getting out of the bathroom.

-If you are there, who is here? he widened his eyes.

-Felix, Jisung replied.

Minho jumped out of the bed and turned on the lights.

-Why is Felix in your bed?