SIXTEEN

First though, she must help herself. Every day she would work to better her overall happiness, beginning to socialize and hunt as a cat should.

Smogbreath and Lotuspaw both understood there was little way to stop nightmares and moodswings; it was part of the trauma that would never go away. But with new friends and family to stabilize xer maybe Lotuspaw could learn to cope, xe could feel understood.

"Smogbreath, I have a favor to ask." Lotuspaw was awkward and seemed unsure, shifting her paws, but still questioned anyway.

Smog looked over from sorting the herbs, "Yes?"

"Teach me about herbs."

And so Smogbreath did, every sun-high and after Lotuspaw would be taught 5 new herbs and their uses, even dangers. Lotuspaw quickly remembered them. Not only this, but xe began to help the nurses forage for them and also would help check up on the queens and crafters more frequently.

Eventually, it got to a point where Lotuspaw was asked to help with small wounds. And soon enough, Smogbreath had to ask.

"Lotuspaw, do you desire to learn my wisdom, my craft?"

Lotuspaw hesitated, she seemed afraid. But still it was in her blood to be a risk-taker, just as her father.

She took a leap of faith, "Yes."