TWENTY-ONE

Things had evolved luckily, Lotuspaw began to grow better again and Smogbreath began to have her do duties with other trainees.

Lotuspaw had taken a particular liking to Sneezepaw, who was a bulky, brawny female tabby with brown fur and striking, icy blue eyes. They were nothing like Lotuspaw had ever seen, but instead of a cold and bitter icy stare they were peaceful, friendly, and inviting... They were something so gorgeous to get lost in.

"Sneeze, do you think we could share a nest someday?"

"Your welcome to stay in mine whenever you want, Lotus."

Lotuspaw smiled before proudly stating, "Then I shall bring feathers to decorate it."

Sharing a nest wasn't seen as exactly romantic amog the clans, however it was a very intimate action. There was no need for huddling in the savannahs, it was simply comforting.

That night, Lotuspaw had done as xe promised. Xe showed up with feathers in mouth, lining the nest with them. At just the right moment, in came Sneezepaw with a bird in mouth. The two shared it, and with the left over feathers Sneezepaw decided to give them to the guardians who needed them.

Just when Sneezepaw had left a fugure stepped in, their black coat making it hard to see past their amber eyes. But Lotuspaw recognized that ambitious stare as Ravenstar.

"There will be a gathering tonight, I want you to attend... But only with your willingness."

Lotuspaw felt a sudden responsibility return. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad though, as a gathering was a very fun thing and educational for a trainee.

Xe hesitated for a moment before inquiring, "... Can Sneezepaw come?"

"If it helps, I suppose yes."