THIRTY-ONE

She had woke up in her nest, though by now it seemed the moss was moved around and she had flailed all night long. It wasn't a vague dream; she knew exactly what she needed to do. But how would see convince Cotton'nose?

Perhaps she should talk to someone else first... Like Smogbreath. Smogbreath was logical yet understanding, they'd be helpful.

"Lotuspaw, are you okay?" Beepaw squeaked, as suddenly Lotuspaw regained her vision and composure, "We heard you yowling..."

Lotuspaw sighed, "Just a dream..."

"It wasn't nice, was it?" Beepaw inquired, and Lotuspaw wasn't sure if ae cared or if Bee just was curious.

Lotuspaw shook xer head, "No, infact..." She turned to were the priestess was sitting, making Cotton'nose look up, "I want to perhaps talk to Smogbreath, privately, sometime."

Cotton'nose looked confused, "Why would you need to?"

One of the nurses interrupted, "Cotton, you know Smogbreath is like family to Lotuspaw... Perhaps xe seeks comfort?" The nurse looked at Lotuspaw with a smile upon referring to her.

The priestess shot the nurse a nasty look, obviously not appreciating their input but understood what they meant, "Fine, tonight you'll return to Vineclan to have the night with Smogbreath. But then at tomorrow's gathering you'll come home."

Lotuspaw nodded, "Thank you!" She didn't expect to spend a whole day with Smogbreath but xe definitely wasn't going to complain.

That night, Cotton'nose send Lotuspaw off with Smogbreath. On the way back home Smogbreath couldn't help but ask questions.

"How come you're coming back so soon?" Smogbreath asked, all Cotton'nose said was it was Lotuspaw's own request.

"I..." Now though, Lotuspaw felt embarrassed admitting it and instinctively looked away, "I had a dream... And it just rattled me."

Smogbreath was about to suggest that they could've just gave her poppy seeds if she was that nervous. But then Smogbreath remembered Lotuspaw was a trainee; xe needed support and comfort. Smogbreath was like a parent now.

"Was it a nightmare?" Smogbreath inquired, hoping Lotuspaw would be up to explain what it was about.

"Not necessarily... It seemed more like a vision," Lotuspaw explained before gulping, "My mother was there."

Smogbreath looked over, a bit confused on what Lotuspaw meant. It was normal for a cat to dream about one's family, was it not?

"Tell me more, Lotuspaw."

So, Lotuspaw explained the entire thing. She explained about the flower, about her mother's spirit and the calm feeling it caused, and even about the sickly cats.

Lotuspaw sighed, "I just don't know if I'm getting my hopes up or if my mother's actually trying to say something... It wasn't vague and my serious like a prophecy."

Smogbreath nodded, "Moonclan likes to visit in different ways; some obvious and some... not so much. I'm not sure either but you say it has to do with the flower. We should investigate it."

Lotuspaw agreed.