Chapter 7

On a warm sunny Valentine's day in February, Sarah was at home - in bed when the sun smiled from the curtains spread vehemently with a reflection of brightness. It was a good night's sleep. She woke up in her rose-long nightgown with pink flowers braided all over it. Glimpsed at the wall clock, It was time for a shower. She wore her purple slippers and gently moved to the bathtub. The faucet got turned and liquid squashed hurriedly into the hollow container. Watery pebbles and bubbles wriggled down on her like a little mermaid that was on a long vacation away from water.

Minutes later, she came out and curled her body into a blue towel spread pertinently on a hanger. She turned off the water and chilled back into the bedroom. Fingers gambled across stranded cloths on the wardrobe. She jumbled on fluke of decisions before coming up with her red short dress and flowery red heels. Her beauty Paragon of make-up box was nearer. She reached out for the little spiky brush and gently pulled her brown shiny luxurious hair down. Artistry submerged into a feminine figure, she admired her own dimple on the mirror and the beautiful velvet across her neck.Some minutes later, she got the main entrance behind. Few queenly steps down the street and it seemed the world was watching. 

Each time she tried to step away from the marathon of a stalker, a man followed closely and she got fed up.

"Eeh what is it? Why are you following me? She asked and boycotted her eyes shyly from looking into his eyes.

"Because I admire you so much. You can call me Jake, your secret admirer"He bluffed.

"Well Mr. jake, I don't appreciate people stalking me. It's creepy for Christ's sake" She tweeted with glamorous stare at his broad chest. The magnitude of his cuteness cannot be refuted by a quirky pessimism she whispered to herself.

"I would have loved to walk up to you but I'm scared you might spoil the fun"Jake said in his deep voice.

"I don't believe in secret admirer"She cracked in almost bluffing.

"Well, you've seen one. Direct approach of a thing is now becoming Cliche" He affirmed.

"The fun is being a man and asking me the question the proper way. Why am I even standing here talking to you when I am late for work? She rippled.

"Whatever" He replied.

She was perplexed. Few seconds ago seemed her fell into his whimsical romantic trap. Was it the clean kept beard-gang, was it his deep voice, his sexy cheat, straight nose and reflexive eyes?

He was all she wanted. She had to scrub these feelings off as soon as possible to protect her emotional epithet.

She waved her hand for a taxi. A clean urban car calmly swiveled near by. She hurried the door open and hopped in, shut the door while the driver took swiftly.

 "Good morning Ma. Where to?"Taxi driver asked.

"Margaret street. I am running late" She replied.
"Relax... We will arrive there on time" Taxi driver assured.

"Okay" She settled.

The taxi driver continued dusting behind trails of mega buildings swinging along the road. They finally arrived at Margaret street and she pointed to a certain parking lot at the corner. The driver swiveled evenly, stopped the engine and she alighted with spark, paid for the ride and with the speed of light streaked into the elevator to her workstation.

The elevator moved straight to the floor she keyed on the controller button of the machine. She bursted out of the elevator like a pressured air the moment she reached the floor. She ran to clock in and start working on the job her boss assigned her to do.Moments later, a bonquet of flowers with a note attached to it arrived at the workplace for Sarah. One of Sarah's co-workers brought it to her workstation and put it down profusely on her desk with a skimp smile.

"Who brought this here?" Sarah asked.

"I don't know him personally. But he dropped it for you" Jackson replied.

"That's weird. How did this person know where I work? I never told this person any sort of address" Sarah said surprisingly.

"Well read the note and see what it says" Jackson tipped.

She lifted the note with lack of enthusiasm and read."Hope you like the flowers. Love from your secret admirer Jake"

Sarah was shocked and got lost in the few moment of taciturn. She abruptly reasoned to ditch the flowers in waste bin. She pondered if the person that sent this bouquet of flowers was the same person she met earlier on.

"No this can't be the person who followed me earlier this morning" She confusedly muttered.

She threw away the flowers and continued working on what she was assigned to do. Few minutes later, her boss came out, a slim fairly woman with low curly hairstyle in her late fifties, she walked around to make sure everyone is working. she gently sloped her gaze downward when she noticed a bonquet of beautiful flowers in the trash.

"Where did these flowers come from? She tapped Sarah as the closest worker near the scene.

"Someone dropped it here" Sarah replied.

"Who are the flowers for?" The Boss asked in dare voice.

"The flowers are for me" Sarah replied.

"What are they doing in the waste bin?" The Boss asked again.

"I don't accept gift from strangers" Sarah snarled.

Sarah's boss laughed and headed back to her office while the others continued their work after the scenario distracted their work flow.

 Hours later, after a long day at the office. Sarah clocked out and headed towards the elevator. She came out of her workplace looking exhausted and ghostly. The natural air from few nearby plantation pulled up her hair thru and fro with vigor. She felt the instant difference between God made and Made man air conditioner. Sarah reached for a usual cocky bar around to unwind. She got petrified as Jack jumped out of nowhere with elastic and non- ecclesiastical joy.

"Did you get the flowers... You love it right?"Jake bridled.

"It was you that sent those flowers? What is that your name?"Sarah asked.

"My name is still Jake"He replied.

"My name is Sarah"She responded.

"That's a wonderful name she has" Jake teased.

"Thank you"Sarah replied.

They sat together at a corner in the bar after ordering a cold bottle of drink. Jake was lousy and uncontrollably voicing his incoherent feelings and Sarah was not comfortable with that. She looked boiled and waning. Several techniques of getting rid of him ran in her mind. Sarah would shoot a man down if she eventually see a gun.

"I'm not ready for a relationship now" She fired at Jake.

Jake felt the bullet and pretended unhurt.

"I will wait for you until you are ready" He bulged defensively.

"Fine" Sarah said.

After the drinks, she headed out of the bar drunk and lagging while Jake paid for the drinks and quickly followed her up. Chairs were juxtaposed along the entrance she almost slip with force and Jake rushed to the rescue. He hailed a cab and a driver stopped. Jake helped her board the cab and tried to sit alongside her.

"Are you riding with him?" The cab driver asked Sarah.

"Yes" Sarah drunkenly replied.

After few minutes of driving. Jake signaled the driver to stop at a spot. The car engine slowed down and Sarah's apartment could be seen. He softly pulled Sarah down and shouldered her into the main entrance of her apartment.

"Please wait for me here, you will take me home at once" Jake informed the Cab Driver.

"No problem man" Cab Driver replied.

Sarah was dillydalling and still managed to show Jake the road to her bedroom.

Jake came down moment later and zoomed off with the Cab man