Chapter 34

The next day, he got up to make breakfast for him and his girlfriend to eat. He started to realize that coming here wasn't a bad idea after all. He ate his breakfast and left hers by the bedside table on her side of the room.

He goes to the shower to get ready to take a stroll. She is still asleep while her food is still on the table. Moments later, she wakes up and finds breakfast already made for her.

As she is eating she goes on her phone to play games. She turns around and notices that he isn't in bed. She is confused as to why he didn't leave a note telling her where he went.

She heads towards the barman to ask if he has seen him. Unfortunately, he didn't see him as he had just got to the bar. She noticed the footprints in the sand and figured that could be a way to find where he went.

She followed the footprints and was now confused again. His footprints lead in two different directions and she can't figure out which way he went. She decides to go in the opposite direction but he isn't there.

She starts calling him as she continues following the same direction. She starts getting worried as she can't find where he is. She wonders if coming here is a bad idea.

Moments later, he heads back to the kitchen to make lunch. She starts crying as she starts giving up the search. She headed back to the house to where she was and on the way she noticed someone was in the kitchen.

"Baby is that you"

"of course it's me"

"I have been trying to find you but I couldn't"

"Why are you trying to find me ?"

"I woke up and didn't see you there. I thought someone had taken you away. I mean I followed your footprints and there were two opposite directions and couldn't figure out which way you wanted to go, and I went the opposite way and you weren't there. I started crying and I called out your name to see if I would get a reply."

"whoa whoa whoa take a breath and slow down. I understand you were concerned about my whereabouts but I only went out to take a stroll and see the sights on my own and take it in"

"Why didn't you wake me up to go with you?"

"Because I wanted to go alone"

"What?"

"You heard exactly what I said"

"Why do you want to go alone? Why would anyone want to go alone?"

"Because it allows one to breathe and think for themselves"

"That's preposterous"

"No, it is not. You know what, I don't have time for this argument. I'm making lunch right now"

"To hell with lunch. I'm trying to have a serious conversation with you and you are talking about making lunch"

"If you are not hungry then I am, which is why I'm making lunch. I'm too hungry to listen to you yapping about whatever it is that you are yapping about"

"Excuse me what did you just say to me"

"You heard me right. you are yapping"

"I am not "

"Yes you are"

"You didn't just say that to me"

"Yes I did and your yapping made me lose my appetite"

She runs to the room to cry while he storms off for more alone time. The barman was shocked as he couldn't believe what just happened. He ran to comfort her and console her.