Chapter 31

On a beautiful June 11th day, Carson was up in bed lying down watching TV. He checked the time and saw it was almost time to get ready to celebrate his culture's holiday. Meanwhile, Sarah was still sleeping.

He took a shower and put on his clothes. She woke up and decided to try on a dating app again. He made sure he was looking good.

As she was swiping, she saw a good-looking guy and looked through his profile. He heads out and has a good time with his people. She wonders if he is busy and if she would send a message.

Moments later, he is done celebrating and goes home to eat. She gets up and makes something for her to eat. She decides that she'll wait for him to text first.

She washed the plates and went to take a shower. He goes on his phone to swipe and sees a beautiful woman. As she is in the shower, he decides to send her a message.

"Hello"

"Hi"

"Who is this?"

"My name is Carson"

"How are you?"

"I'm fine, thank you. How are you?"

"I'm fine"

"May I have the pleasure of knowing your name?"

"I could tell you or you can look me up"

"Oh come on all I want to know is your name"

"I don't tell people who I just my name"

"I see. Alright then. You look so beautiful in your picture by the way"

"Thank you"

"I wish you were here so I could see you in person"

"Really? Don't you think it's too early to wish for that?"

"Yeah and not really"

"Oh ok alright"

As the conversation continues, she gets out of the shower and puts on her clothes. He had felt like he had found the one. She goes to bed while texting him.

He puts on his playlist and decides to look her up. She feels this tingling feeling like she has found the one. She has a lot of questions as she hasn't had this feeling before.

"Ah I see your name is Sarah"

"Yea I see you decided to look me up"

"Yeah you are very successful too"

"I try and work hard until it pays off"

"I understand"

"So tell me about you"

"Well I am a business major and I live alone in Nigeria"

"Wow what a coincidence I also live alone"

"Really?"

"Wow that's interesting"

"Yeah so if you are in Nigeria, what time is it over there?"

"5:09 pm. How about over there?"

"12:09 pm"

"Ah our time is ahead of yours"

"Yeah"

"Would you like to spend some time with me in Nigeria?"

"Um I guess why not"

"Alright. let me know when and what time you will be at the airport"

"I will. I guess I should let you do whatever you're doing"

"Alright."

The conversation ended and she felt ecstatic. She felt like he was the one for her. She goes to the kitchen and makes something for her to eat.

He is lying down smiling looking at her picture. He couldn't just ask her to fly to Nigeria to spend time with him. She couldn't believe she agreed to go.

As she is eating she looks at his picture. She takes a leap of faith and looks for the next available flights to Nigeria for the next day. She paid for the flight she chose and hoped it would be worth it.

She washed her plate and watched a movie. As she was watching the movie she started feeling sleepy. She decided to take a nap until it was time to pack.

Later in the night, she woke up and packed her clothes in her suitcase. She put her suitcase on the floor and went back to sleep.

The next day, she woke up and called a taxi to drive her to the airport. She brushes her teeth and cleans her face. She quickly took a shower and changed before the taxi arrived.

Moments later, she picked up her suitcase along with her travel toothbrush and toothpaste to drag it down the stairs. She opened the front door and the taxi driver put her taxi in the trunk. She gets in the car and he starts driving to the airport.

They arrived at the airport and the taxi driver took it out to give her the suitcase and left. She checks in with her suitcase and goes to where she will be boarding the plane.

He wakes up and sees she hasn't texted her. He wonders why and sends her a message. She feels like she is forgetting something and checks her messages.

She sees a message from him and replies to the message. They felt relieved and she let him know by 2 pm that she would be arriving at his airport. He feels so happy that he can't wait to see her.

Moments later, she started feeling hungry so she went to eat pizza. She goes back to the boarding area and takes a nap until it is time to board the plane.

Hours later, it was time to board the plane and she woke up. She walked to her seat and put her suitcase in the overhead bin to sit down. She waits as everyone finishes putting up their suitcase and sits down.

She opens her playlist and relaxes in her seat. The plane starts to take off and heads to Nigeria. She fell asleep as the plane was in the sky.

The flight attendants start handing out snacks and drinks to the passengers. Suddenly, one of the flight attendants tapped her and showed her the snacks. She nodded and took the items to hold her while they were still on the flight.

She finished eating and watched a movie. As she is watching the movie, a noisy kid is not allowing her to watch the movie. She decides to tell the kid nicely to please stop making noises.

Moments later, the kid didn't listen and she tried to talk to the parents but turned a blind eye. She decided to put her volume all the way up to watch the movie. She laid back to relax until they arrived.

Half an hour later, the pilot announced they would be landing the plane in thirty minutes. She can't wait to see him and sends him a message. He sends her a message back and he can't wait either.

The plane has finally arrived in Nigeria and everyone is clapping. They start getting up to get their suitcase to leave the plane. She gets up with her suitcase and heads out of the plane and towards the exit of the airport.

She sends him another message letting him know that she is in a taxi and heading towards his house. He lets her know he will be waiting and has prepared food for her to eat. Moments later, she arrived at the front of his house with her suitcase and paid the driver to leave.

He opens the door and they hug as they are finally meeting. She eats some food and goes to sleep after feeling tired from sitting for hours on the plane. He washed the plates and went to sleep with her.