Chapter 16

On a cold brisk Thanksgiving day, Sarah was in bed covering up when an unknown number suddenly pops up on her phone screen. She picked up her phone to answer the call. She answered the call to see who called her and it was a man's voice on the phone.

"Hello who is this?", she asked

"Hello I am Tony", he said

"Tony who and how did you get my number? ", she asked

"Tony you don't need to know what my last name is and I got your number by doing some research on you", he said

"I see so what did you find out about me?", she asked

"I want to tell you when we meet. May I ask you out on a date?", he asked

"Sure but where should I meet you?", she asked

"Um meet me at the bar so we can talk", he said

"Ok what time do you want us to meet?", she asked

"1 pm good for you?", he asked

"Yes, 1 pm is good for me", she said

They discussed it at the bar. He kissed her and she kissed back. They fixed a room near a motel. They went there but she refused to have sex with him. He got angry and left her.

She got up to leave the motel room while crying on the way out. The clerk tapped her as she was listening to "Free Mind" by Tems on the way to exit the motel. She didn't hear the clerk so she handed the clerk the money with the room key and left.

She was still crying. She went back to the bar to drink away her sadness. She ordered multiple drinks until she got drunk.

Moments later, a man came to help her get sober enough by taking her to the coffee shop. He carried her to the backseat of his car and close the door. He rushed back into the bar to pay the barman and got in the car to drive her to the coffee shop.

She played "Make it to me" by Sam Smith on her phone while they arrived at the coffee shop. He ordered a medium-sized coffee with sugar for her and medium-sized coffee without sugar for him. She started singing the song while tears were running down her face.

"Why are you crying?", he asked

"I thought he was the one for me", she said

"We all think the person we meet is the one until they show us their true intentions", he said

"I guess so. What is your name?", she asked

"Justin and what is your name?", he asked

"Um why do you want to know my name?", she asked

"Well you asked to know mine so I want to know yours", he said

"After today I'm not sure if I can trust you", she said

"You can trust me", he said

"It's Sarah. don't ask me any other details about me", she said

They discussed until he was able to get her to laugh. She felt so much better talking to him. She pondered why he is being nice to her so much.

He looked into her eyes while fixing her hair. It was as if he was falling in love with her. They got up to pay for the coffee and left.

They went to the movies to watch a movie together. They bought popcorn and drinks to share together so they won't waste the popcorn and the drink. As they were watching the movie, he took her hand to kiss her hand.

"How are you enjoying the movie?", he asked

"I am enjoying the movie. It's taking my mind off things", she said

"Alright. I am glad you are enjoying it", he said

As time passed by, she was eating while watching the movie. He looked at her as if he wanted to kiss her but couldn't. He looked away and continued watching the movie.

"How are you feeling?", he asked

"Well just full and a little tired but I'm fine", she said

"Are you sure", he asked

"Yes I'm sure, thanks for the concern", she said

As the movie is half to three-quarters to being over, she fell asleep watching the movie. He drank the rest of the soda and noticed she was asleep. Finally, the movie was over, and was time to go home.

He woke her up and took the popcorn with the drink to the trash. They left the theater and took her home to sleep. Minutes later, she got in her bed to sleep while he drove home to sleep.