Infliction | three

(not proofread, may delete later)

It has been approximately 10 minutes since Gabi was brought into the ER. Luke was trying his best on focusing on her and doing his job, but there was still a part of him that was elsewhere.

He was still struggling to comprehend the situation with her parents randomly barging in.

One of the medics had stated that on top of the gunshot wound to the abdomen, Gabi was also in a vehicle crash with her parents. The baffling part was that when Gabi's parents came crashing into the trauma room, they looked completely fine.

Not a sight of blood or scratches at all, and to mention, they were walking completely fine. It appeared to him that they hadn't even been in the crash at all.

"Luke?" Ashton called, breaking the younger doctor out of his slight trance. "You with us still or do you need to maybe step outside?"

"Yeah yeah, sorry. I'm here."

Luke granger his penlight out of his white coat pocket, lifting the young girl's eyelid and shining the light to check pupil dilation.

"Stop," Gabi cried out and lifted her hand to attempt to swat the light away. Luke was sure that she had a concussion but he still wanted to do precautionary scans to rule out any other potential injuries or brain bleeds.

"Shhh you're okay," he soothed and wiped her tearing eyes with a towel. "You've got a great team of doctors and nurses here."

He looked toward Ash and saw that he was more focused on the GSW, so Luke took that as his cue to focus on anything about the vehicle crash.

"Can you feel me touching here?" He asks as he ran his finger over the bottoms of her feet.

"Y-yeah.."

"Okay good. And what about your legs? Can you feel me touching them?"

"Yes. It hurts."

"Where's it hurt, honey?"

"Everywhere." The young girl sniffled and lifted her right arm to wipe at her stray tears. She was covered in a lot of bruises, some that left Luke questioning if they were even from the crash considering how dark purple they were.

"Can someone please push some pain meds?"

"Already done, doctor."

Luke sighed and turned his attention back to Gabi, who was still trying to wipe her tears. "Listen, sweetie. I know a lot is going on and it's quite scary with all of us here, but we need to take care of your injuries and get that bullet out of you. Do you remember how the crash happened or how you got shot?"

She looked out the door to where her parents could be seen standing outside it. "It was an accident. They love me."