Chapter 9: Darkness, Darkness, Go Away

T-Midi's POV

I was just sitting in my red chair while drinking a cup of coffee and eating a slice of toast with grape jelly spread on it. I knew I needed a day to relax, so here we are.

"Ahh... now this is relaxation." I sighed as I sipped my coffee.

"Thankfully there hasn't been any trouble for today."

As if to answer and prove me wrong, a crash was heard. I had to set down my toast and coffee, and then I ran outside where I saw the rocket van as it had been CRASHED in front of my HOUSE!

"I take it back. I take it all back." I told myself.

Suddenly, a big (but clearly very scared) scorpion jumped out of the rocket van through the back doors, and then the scorpion huddled against the right side of the rocket van.

"Scorpi, we know that was a bumpy ride, but please calm down." A spike-headed creature told the scorpion as it peeked through the back doors.

A green creature with slime for arms also climbed out of the back doors.

"Yeah, try thinking happy thoughts!" Exclaimed the green creature.

...What the? What even are those creatures..? I walked towards the van and attempted to climb to the back doors to check for more of those creatures, but the spike-headed creature's feet kept hitting me as I attempted to examine the amounts of Luau Bread in which I saw inside the trunk. Why were there so many of these loaves?
The spike-headed creature and the slime-armed creature both climbed out of the trunk and looked around, clearly ignoring my annoyance with... whatever was going on.

"Swaysway, Buhdeuce, I know you're in there!" I shouted.

"I know you didn't park inside my house and destroy it, but parking it in FRONT of my house isn't any better!"

..Oh, clearly they can't hear me from all of those Luau Bread loaves being inside the trunk, and I'm pretty sure I can tell by how I hear their voices being muffled. Afterwards, I decided to exit the trunk and walk towards the front door, but before I could get to the door, the rocket van suddenly glitched and then dissapeared, leaving the three creatures in its place.

"Oh no, the rocket van's missing!" Said the slime-armed creature.

"C-calm down, Torts. It will be fine long as we just listen to our hearts." Comforted the spike-headed creature.

And then for some reason, he started tap-dancing, with each step making a high-pitched piano note for some reason.

"Yes, we must-.." ..Aaand it saw me.

..Okay, what do I actually do? I'm used to dealing with the Breadwinners literally crashing at my house, but just what in sliced bread are these creatures?

"Sorry, do we know you?" Asked the spike-headed creature.

"..No. Ahem, my name is Talonius C. Midi, but you may call me T-Midi." I told the creature.

So then the spike-headed creature introduced himself as "Footi" and he told me that the names of the other two creatures were "Torts" and "Scorpi". What strange names, and yet I get my bread from ducks named "Swaysway" and "Buhdeuce".

"Well, where exactly did you come from?" I decided to ask Footi.

"We're from Mixel Land, of course!" Said Footi.

"It's the greatest place on Planet Mixel!" Exclaimed Torts.

Third-person POV

Cut to the rocket van in Alphaland (Home to the Alphablocks) where we see that it's no longer lodged into the ground, but standing right-side up again. The front doors of the rocket van open and Buhdeuce and Swaysway fall onto the ground out of said front doors. Buhdeuce spits out a loaf of Luau Bread that looks as if someone stuffed it into Buhdeuce's beak.