Mini Short 5: Missing A Friend

Cut to Rokit, Past Zorch, and the Infernites sitting on a stone bench as they watched the Cragsters play Rockball (they wanted to continue the game since it got interrupted a bunch of chapters ago), but Rokit was feeling a bit down. It wasn't because of the nightmare he was down, it was because Nurp-Naut was sucked into The Darkness, and Rokit couldn't even save him. The Rockball game was looking pretty fun, but it still hasn't taken Nurp-Naut getting corrupted off of his mind.

"ROCKBALL!" Shouted Krader off-screen.

Suddenly, a boulder launched above the four mixels on the bench, but then Seismo caught the boulder, and then he kicked said boulder back to Krader. However, when Flain saw the boulder pass to Krader, he also saw Rokit's solemn expression, almost as if.. he was missing something.

"Hey, Rokit?" Asked Flain.

"Yeah?" Replied Rokit as he turned towards Flain.

"Are you okay?" Asked Flain.

"Yeah, I'm just thinking about someone." Said Rokit.

Flain then looked back at the boulder, which was hurtling above the stone bench, and had landed exactly 5 miles north from said stone bench.

"Who are you thinking about?" Flain asked Rokit.

"A tribemate of mine, but he's.. not really here right now." Said Rokit.

"His name is Nurp-Naut and he kinda got corrupted, but I couldn't save him because it was too late. The Darkness was too strong."

Flain looked back at Rokit as the Cragsters carried the boulder back to the Rockball Arena in the background. Flain then put his pincer on Rokit's shoulder and told him it was okay if Nurp-Naut was gone.

"He must be really important to you, but you can't keep worrying about something forever." Flain told Rokit.

"Sure it's in the past, but the future's still in front of you, so you'll just need to keep moving forward."

"Yeah, but he was the most important tribemate I've ever had." Replied Rokit.

"I mean, besides Niksput, but he's kind of the leader of my tribe, but still."

Flain then patted Rokit on his back.

"It'll be okay, just look to the future and stop looking at the past." Assured Flain.

"If you keep mourning about one thing in your life, you'll miss out on all of the other cool things you could experience. All you have to do is let it go, and accept that he's gone."

Rokit looked down at his feet. Sure it's hard accepting a tribemate becoming corrupted, but he knew he had to do it.

"Maybe, but I'm not that sure if I can really do it." Said Rokit.

"I know, but it'll take some time. You have all the time in the world to accept it, though, and I can help you when you're having some trouble." Assured Flain.