2- The Orange Tabby In My Garden

------Some mild swearing, plus Jambo :D-------

-Wilbur's POV-

I woke up the next day, my back hurting from all the work I did in the house, and realized that Tommy had left a letter on the floor, right next to the mat I was sleeping on, saying the following:

Wᵢₗbᵤᵣ,

ᵢ'ₘ ₒff ₜₒ gₒ bᵤy ₛₒₘₑ fₒₒd, bₑcₐᵤₛₑ ₐₗₗ wₑ'ₗₗ bₑ ₑₐₜᵢₙg ₐᵣₑ ₜₕₒₛₑ ₛₕᵢₜₜy cᵣₐcₖₑᵣₛ dₐd ₘₐdₑ ᵤₛ ₜₐₖₑ.

ₛₜₐy cₒₒₗ,

Bᵢg ₜₒₘₛ.

His handwriting is always messy in the mornings, and it looked like a second grader asked their mom to spell them the hard words, but I like it, so I quietly rubbed the gunk off my eyes, getting up from the tense mat, before grabbing the spare pen and notebook Tommy left his note in on, writing right under it.

𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧, 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤, 𝐬𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲.

𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐛𝐮𝐫, 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞.

I then set it next to the little pack bag Tommy kept storing his useless stuff in (Mostly souvenirs), and headed out the back door, getting met with the equipment of chaos and disaster itself, holy shit, this garden is wrecked! The pots and plants were stomped on, broken pieces of glass were scattered everywhere, because 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 people think empty gardens are trash cans, apparently. Darn Americans.

"Well, there's my new hyperfixation, at last, fixing Tommy's garden." I grumbled to himself, before stepping in the actual garden, observing everything closely. I found some small samplings here and there, most of them definitely needed some water, so I rushed back in the house to grab my bottle of mineral water, running right back outside to ease the little plants a little.

"There we go!" I cooed proudly, before hearing a soft mewl from behind me. I turned around, and got face to face with a little orange tabby cat, staring right up at me, sitting comfortably in a pot. It was a strangely cute sight, even though I should be really worried about how the cat got in the garden so sneakily in the first place.

"Aweeee, hello, kitty" I whispered sweetly, offering the cat my hand, which it happily licked and melted into. Then I carefully got up, completely dropping the subject of gardening behind, turning my full attention to this petite feline.

"Oh you sweet little kitty, come here." I giggled quietly, and as if it understood me completely, it got off the clay pot, approaching me, even smelling me before beginning to lick my hand more.

"You must be a house cat, so well behaved, who lost you cutie?" I mumbled quietly, picking the tabby up, seeing as it was a male. Ooo, little kittie.

"Such a good boyyy, but your fur is all dirty, c'mon, let me get it cleaned up for you." I hummed, not hesitating to bring this foreign cat in the house, heading straight for the bathroom, where is sat him in the sink, turning the water on to medium heat, carefully cleaning his paws and feet.

He surprisingly stayed still, letting me clean his little body better, before I dried him off with a spare towel.

"There you go pretty boy!" I giggled quietly, kissing the cat's small head, picking him up like a baby and making my way to the living room, where I was sleeping at.