3- Playing Detective(from home)

------fluff :) and a lil bit of blood mentioned at the end-------

-Wilbur's POV-

The kitten and me have been staying in the house for a few days now, since the rain hadn't stopped at all. Seems the British bring their weather with them everywhere huh?

"Tommy, you're staying here today, it's pouring cats and dogs outside!" I called out, hearing the gremlin upstairs protest aimlessly. As much as he was a kid, and he needed to get out there, live his life, today he'd stay inside or his life would be a sequel to the Titanic. Not very eventful.

"Fine! But you'll help me catch Shroud 3.0!" he screamed, as I crackled happily, humming a nod to myself.

"Deal!" I promised, before turning my attention back to the kittie, my face softening slightly.

"You've been quite the roommate, kitty, but I think I should return you sooner or later, imagine how worried your owner is right now, right?" I whispered sweetly at him, picking him up again and peppering him with kisses and affection.

"Mmmm, pretty kitty, I'll make you some food." I decide out of nowhere in particular, setting him down as I walk over to the kitchen, hearing his paws tap almost rhythmically on the counter I started working on.

With a little bit of struggle, I opened a can of tuna, setting it right infront of him and watching him eat it it, getting his whiskers all sloppy with the forbidden tuna juices. He was definitely a house cat, eating slowly, elegantly almost, and he refused to drink off of a bowl, he preferred to open the tap and drink from it, wasting our water greatly.

He also didn't use a litter box, nor did he like it outside, he always used the toilet like any trained house cat would. Maybe his owner is pretty wealthy, water fountain, self cleaning litter box, sounds about right.

I brushed those thoughts away, hearing the cat mewl softly, coming over to me to give me a little tuna scented lick, I personally didn't really enjoy pulling away ass soon as he was done and cleaning myself up.

I picked him up once again, cleaning the can slightly before throwing it in the bin.

We sat near the window, watching the rain together, it was like he understood me so well, as I was watching the raindrops on the window fall down imagining them as horses on betting games, he pointed at one, as if he was claiming his would fall down first. Such an intelligent kitten, I was getting even more curious about his owner now, it was eating me up. Who would train a cat to be so obedient?

Outside, we'd see silhouettes of people, busy, you could see it in their walk, they ran to catch up, like packs of fish, swimming together from one side to the other, their umbrellas all monochrome, the very few children that were walking were splashing water all over themselves, ah, how much Wilbur loved winter and it's rain showers.

We looked at the houses, all next to each other, as if stuck together like sardines in a tin, small and all showing different personalities, almost. Like the neighbour's house, for example.

Tommy and I haven't met our neighbors at all, we didn't even have any time to do so, because Tommy's furniture arrived yesterday, all in the rain, and I had to help him dry them all up when we brought them in. But the neighbour's house was almost always empty.

Quiet, the lights were only on during extremely late hours, I could have mistaken the person for dead sometimes. Maybe, just maybe, the cat belonged to them? I mean, it would make sense, a person so busy at day, returning home at midnight, no wonder their cat would be spoiled with expensive things like water fountains to keep them entertained and well.