26- Let's Work It Out

----PHEW IM BACK FROM THAT SHORT BREAK (which was hugely appreciated, thanks me) also I accidentally posted this chapter and it wasn't finished so if you saw anything, no you didn't📌Techno goin a bit bonkers📌----

-? POV-

The day can't get any fuller, brighter in this small room, the only sunshine I need coming from the TV screen on the wall across from my bed.

I was flicking through different channels, chuckling at the bright colours peeling my eyes out of their sockets, it reminded me of my youth, ahhhhhh, god do I remember those days fondly.

Though, I'm afraid I have to take my morning pills, so with some difficulty, I reach to the side of my bed, pressing the call button for my nurse to come in.

Mmmm, what was it again? I can't remember a lot of names lately.

And with a light push, he came in the room, greeting me and helping me get up from my bed to stretch. His hands were always smooth and warm, holding my boney, much weaker ones to lead me to my balcony door, opening it for me and letting me get some fresh air in.

Some people think that retirement homes are hell sent, purgatory like prison cells, but I've been in here for quite a while, and I seem to be doing just fine with my buddy here.. Um, I should ask him his name..

"Not even a good morning Mister... Ermmm, what was it again?"

"Oh come on! You can't have forgotten my name again... I'm literally by your side everyday, and I even write my name on your wrist every night!" he laughed, grabbing my wrists and rubbing them in a comforting manner.

"Well, how would I remember which hand it is on then, Mr. Not found in my files?" I crackled, watching him close.

He just scoffed, shaking his head.

"Hey, don't bully me skelly, at least I can remember my friends' names!" said the man, and I rolled my eyes, sighing

"Hey, don't bully me skelly, at least I can remember my friends' names!" said the man, and I rolled my eyes, sighing. Sometimes I forget that this man is supposed to be an adult.

"Let me guess, your name is on my right wrist, and not on my left, because I-"

"-don't take any L's, that's what you say all the time to memorize it, and yet I'm the one having to remind it to you!" he giggled quietly, showing me my own thin wrist, where the name George was written in a pretty font.

Riiiiight, his name is George, how could I forget?!

"Remembered me now?" he asked, patting my back, before going to close the balcony door again, letting me rest against the cozy warm glass door, as he went to fetch my pills and a glass of water.

"Mmm, yeahhh, George, did anything interesting happen today?" I hummed lazily.

"You actually have a letter you might wanna read this time, and I assure you it's not death threats." George muttered, as I swallowed the pills he gave me, drinking from my glass of warm-ish tap water.