Chapter 5: Calm before the storm

Everyone in the stadium was getting ordering food and eating on their seats while watching other events like the cheerleading squad from USA perform , and Some other fun games which required the audience participation.

While the Hero course students went back to the locker rooms to chow.

" Who was that guy back there? " Sero asked while Carrying a tray of food.

" Which one? " Denki asked eating a burger.

Sero sat down with the class 2-A students in the locker room.
" I mean the one that stopped that ball from entering the goal "

" That was Kirishima " Mina said while holding the redheads arms.

Sero shook his head and took a sip of his drink.
" Not Kiri , there was another dude who stopped Monoma and Tenya "

Midoryia ate a handful of French fries.
" You mean the one with the karate Gi "

" Yes him , he's way strong " Sero said.

Almost everyone in the room nodded in response.

" I don't think I could've taken that much force from both Lida and Monoma " Sato sighed after finishing his fifth tray of food.

Tenya nodded.
" I was using a lot of my recipro then , and I'm sure Monoma was doing the same. He must be really tough " he stated.

Ochako finished a mochi , " not just him , but the other non school competitors too " she added.

" And you're up against him next Kiri" Mina pointed out.

The redhead chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of his neck.

Bakugo noticed his friends actions and scoffed.
" Don't let him beat you , you hear me " Bakugo said , not taking his eyes off his drink.

Everyone turned to him , Kirishima especially.

" Beat him and meet me in the quarter finals , you got that " Bakugo added this time glaring at the redhead.

Kirishima stared wide eyed at his friend.

Only three people understood what he meant by that , it wasn't a threat nor was he scared of fighting the Gi fighter.
This was his way encouraging his best friend , and only Kirishima , Ochako and Midoryia could see it.

The redhead got up and hardened his right hand.
" I'll give it my all Bakugo!! " He said with his signature shark tooth grin.

Bakugo nodded in response before getting up and leaving the room , Shortly after Ururaka followed him.

She found him outside the arena , staring at the sky.

" Hey Katsuki " she said as she stood next to him.

He acknowledged her presence with a slight grunt.

" You gonna tell me what's on your mind? " Ochako asked.

He turned to her and ruffled her hair.
" Just sharpening my senses , Round cheeks " he answered.

The two laughed , enjoying each others company. unaware that they were being watched.

*

Rin was on his knees outside the arena , at the back where the sun shone and the wind blew.

He was steadying his mind for the upcoming battle.
Because inside his head , he was wondering what strategy to implore in his fight with Kirishima.

Doubt tried to grab hold of him as he remembered the way the redhead stopped the first shot of the match.
But he quickly shunned it away remembering that he too was able to stop the attack from two attackers.