chapter 16: A Street Fighter

On the streets of musutafu , heroes and villains alike ran about doing what they considered a days work.

It was a huge difference from the calm and peaceful scenery of the mountains.

In an alley , a man went flying into dumpster with a purse in his hands.
His nose and face looked pretty much broken.

A woman came over to the body and picked up her purse before scoffing and returning to her husband.
The man in question looked at his wife with a raised eyebrow.

" A disgraceful man , he deserved it " Chun-Li said with an offended look.

" I didn't say he didn't.......but did you have to dumpster him? " Ryu asked as he took his wife's hand.

" Do you want what he got? " Chun-Li asked.

Ryu shook his head and chuckled , taking his wife further into the alley.

That's right , the legendary world warrior and the iconic Kung-Fu Kicker were in the city of musutafu , where their son was currently battling.

They had no trouble getting to musutafu and arrived during todoroki's match.

Chun-Li was jumping and cheering when she saw her son use the Hadoken attack to win. Ryu was proud , this was what he wanted Rin to do. And in so many ways he saw himself on that arena , he saw himself in his son.

The married couple had agreed to keep their presence in the city private for fear of distracting Rin.
So they've been watching him from televisions and billboards while also exploring the city.

Currently they were at a noodle restaurant , eating quietly while watching the ongoing fights on a near TV.

" Quirks have become more popular while we were away " Chun-Li stated as they watched a boy with a tail fight on screen.

" I didn't think to teach Rin about quirks , guessing that they would be still be a rare thing " Ryu said , furrowing his eyebrows.

Chun-Li looked at her husband and smiled , putting her hand on his.
" Don't blame yourself for that , knowing our Rin , he'll be using this as an opportunity to further his fighting knowledge. " She said.

The world warrior nodded , which Chun-Li knew meant that he agreed.
Years of training and living together had helped her in understanding his quiet gestures , a trait which she loved about him.

" Besides, we have to remember what we came here for " Chun-Li said.

Ryu looked at his wife while still slurping some noodles.

*Flashback*

Ryu and Akuma stood atop the roof of his house , the two glaring at each other.

" It's about your son " Akuma said.

Ryu tensed , already having a small idea of where this was leading too.
" What about my son? " He asked.

Akuma stood , his red eyes closed as he took a deep breath and sat down.
" You're son , he is strong. A calm and collected fighter at heart with near perfect fighting knowledge on both Chinese martial arts and the Assassination fist " the devil stated.

Ryu sat down with him , sensing Akuma's intentions to be safe.

" He can easily study and counter any sort of battle tactics used against him , same goes with ability to create strategies and know when to implement them "

" What are you getting at Akuma? " Ryu asked.

Akuma opened his eyes and stared at Ryu.
" He's like you , Ryu "