chapter 22: One of many

...........

[ Unit 5 ------ status : unconscious ]

[ Unit 5 ------ recovering all injuries ]

[ Unit 5 ------ emotion systems : 🚫 ]

[ Unit 5 ------ target of interest : Rin Takegami ]

A screen read as a body went through a big scanner.

" What's the matter doc? " A female voice asked.

" Her injuries have been fully healed and she is fully operational again...... however.... "

" Go on "

" During the mission her target changed from the mission to a boy "

Silence fell on the room.

" WHAT!?! "

" I'm sorry boss , it's a problem that can be fixed immediately- "

" Wait wait wait!! What boy!? "

Suddenly the person who was unconscious awoke , the sensors on her bed made this aware to the people talking.

" Ah , unit 5. Welcome back to HQ " the doctor said as he began to remove the sensors from her body.

Unit 5 sat up and looked around till her eyes landed on her boss , her creator.

" Hey mom " unit 5 greeted.

The one she referred to as Mom was exactly like her , but older and having two different colored eyes.

" Call me that in front of your sisters , not when we're alone " the woman said as she got up.

" Yes Miss Juri! " Unit 5 said as she saluted weakly.

" Alright , let's start with , well done.....on your progress in the tournament " the woman said.
" You fought well and proved yet again why you're the top unit "

Unit 5 nodded , already sensing something coming.

" However.....you lost sight of you're mission. Which was to....? " She asked.

" To find the person who possesses the psycho power " unit 5 answered.

The older Juri got up and walked towards the door of the room.
" You're lucky that they weren't present at the tournament. But next time I expect you not to return until you're objective is complete " she said.

Unit 5 nodded.

The woman stopped once she reached the door.
" And about this boy......"

The young Juri's eyes widened.

" Who was he? "

Realization dawned on her that she had no idea where Rin was , last she remembered she was nearly killed by Kazuya while holding him off.

She didn't know wether he was alright or not. And it..... worried her.

" His name is Rin Takegami. He's an excellent fighter who was able to best me in combat. " She stated.

Juri looked at her with shock.
" You lost to a him huh?.....makes sense that you're interested in him then...." She said.
" I'm guessing he's the one who fought that Devil man at the tournament before it blew up? "

Unit 5 shot to her feet.
" What!?! "

Juri was once again shocked as to how fast the girl had gotten up , and how she was reacting to this.
" The stadium blew up as a result of the twos final attacks , it's nothing but a crater in the earth now " she said as she turned on the TV in the room.