chapter 27: Who's in charge?

" King of rumble Island? "

Rin and Darli were currently on top of one of the many buildings on the island , standing Infront of the men who were chasing after Darli earlier. They were bound by rope and we're explaining themselves.

" Yeah. Rumble Island is a place where the person to win all the tournaments held at each stadium , becomes the best grappler on the island and King "
Darli explained to Rin, and then turned to the two thugs.
" And you chucklefucks are working for the King? "

One of them nodded.
"The King told us to bring yer salty ass over to him , he's still pissed after the shit you pulled on one of his officers " he explained.

Rin turned to her.
" You have history with the King? " He asked.

She shrugged.
" Errrr... wouldn't call it history. More like unfinished business , it's a long story "

Rin pinched his chin.
" no it isn't "

" Ugh! Fine , jeez. It's not that long " she admitted.

A man passing on the streets below heard this and misinterpreted it , looking at his trousers and frowning.

The pirate sat down on a nearby crate and sighed.
" See. The king , once inducted , can have three officers. They're classified as The Rook: bulky asshole or just big in general , The Knight: fast and nimble , and The Queen: basically the strongest of the three and right hand of the King. " She explained.
" Just a quick note , the Queen is just a title , and does not mean that the role must be filled by a female , it can be any gender ".

Rin nodded in understanding.
" And what of the title of 'King'?"

"Same goes for that too , any man or woman can hold that title " she explained before continuing.

" So , a while back. Before I received an invitation to the UA Sport's festival , I came here , seeking a good tussle " Darli stated.

" And tussle she did " one of the men said , only to earn a savage punch from the woman.

" I defeated a good number of wrestlers and grapplers , eventually winning the Rumble Red Stadium tournament. Earning the attention of the King " she sighed and continued.
" He said he liked my fighting style and wanted me to fill the vacant position of rook. Which on its own had alot of benefits in it's own right , given that I'd be world famous and have access to Rumble islands infinite supply of cash "

" Doesn't sound that intriguing to me , if I'm being honest " Rin stated , being totally true in his statement.

But Darli nodded in agreement.
" Exactly , I was into hard work and just enjoying the fight. What the rook was , was basically the patrol officer of the island. And I had no interest doing that , I had my own dream to achieve. So I turned him down , which was good and all......"

Darli closed her eyes.
" until his Queen attacked me "

For some reason , Rin couldn't shake the feeling, that whoever the Queen was , he/she was no doubt going to be powerful.

" She is a French judoka fighter, who's also a ballet dancer & model " she started.
" Her complex fighting style left me guessing between her long kicks and her dangerous throws "

In Rin's mind , he couldn't help but imagine the woman looking like his mother.
But after hearing that she was not only a judo master but also a ballet dancer , he imagined a woman dancing with her opponent.

" What's more , she nearly got me beat. But then I managed to throw a blade at the rook , injuring her and distracting the queen long enough to get the hell outta there "