Chapter 10: Shy shy shy

Engfa's POV

As I was on my way to Char's house, I texted her, saying sorry to her because I would be a bit late. I am not sure how I will shower later if not at her house. Darn it! Why does Tor come to my house at this hour? 

Right away, I arrived at her house, and I could tell the place was huge for just one person to live there. She must come from a rich family or be successful in her career to afford the massive house. 

With my night-duty bag containing my clothes and necessities, I brought it with me and knocked on the door. Not long after, Char opened the door and was surprised to see me carrying my bag.

"Are you planning to have a sleepover at my house?" She misinterprets my action. 

"That's not what I intend to... I wanted to ask you if it's okay to have a shower here because I was in a rush earlier," I explained my situation. 

"Sure, yeah! You can... but it will be even better if you stay the night since it's the weekend tomorrow, and we could spend time together a bit longer..." She throws out the idea at me.

 "I mean... I wouldn't mind doing so, as long as you're comfortable with it," I was fine with having a sleepover with her. 

Afterwards, I excused myself to have a shower while continuously apologizing to Char because of how rude I was as a new guest who straight away borrowed her bathroom to freshen myself. But she was cool with it because that's what friends are for. 

For that reason, I have a quick shower, so I don't embarrass myself further. When I walked out of the bathroom, she was, waiting for me on the bed like a lost puppy. "Are you waiting for me to finish?" I was fascinated.

She only shrugged at my question and continued to stare at my bare chest, but she quickly looked the other way. Now, I am even more flushed than before. "Emm, can you wait outside while I change my clothes?" I requested her as if it were my house.

"Yeah, sure! I will be back..." Char replied.

"Gosh! Why am I acting like a kid? We were both grown up, and there's nothing to be shy of if we're friends," I mentally scolded myself.  

...

That night, we had fun talking while watching some cliche movies, except that we didn't really watch the tv. We were so invested in our stories, causing the tv to ignore us two. Then, she invited me to have a drink in her open-air garden courtyard. Since the night was breezy, she let me borrow her hoodies and lie on the sofa while having a little conversation. 

"Are you happy now, Fa?" She asked me out of nowhere.

"If you mean now, as of this moment, the answer is yes. I get to become carefree without feeling the need to fake my happiness," I answered truthfully.

"Why do you have to fake it? I thought you were happy with Tor?" She was intrigued by my response. 

"I always felt like I never connected with anyone, not even with Tor. But, you...I am comfortable letting you know everything I've gone through, even my past relationships. It's like you understand my heart well enough..." I confessed.

Meanwhile, she lies there, admiring me talking about her and replies, "Because that's what a best friend does. Understand each other from within and outside," She tried to change the topic. 

"Oh...so we're best friends now?" I giggled at her. As I got to know her, I couldn't believe she had said that without holding back as she usually does. 

Author's note:

The friendship evolved quickly, isn't it...but don't expect too much from them😉