Chapter 20: Romancing

Engfa's POV

To cheer me up, Char suggested that we could have fun together to forget my misery. I guess she's right that I needed to let myself loosen up a bit and enjoy my single life. 

Following her plans for the night, she brought me to a restaurant nearby and a nightclub. Howbeit, with clubs, I don't think I ever go to one before because of the crowded atmosphere. But I never know how fun it's going to be unless I try. Besides, Char made an effort to arrange the night occasions for me to enjoy. 

"You don't have to be scared...I will be there to accompany you along the way," She reassured my worry. 

...

Towards the entrance, I gave her another look to see if this was the right place to have fun with many strangers rooming around and drinking until they were wasted. When she saw me hesitating, she intertwined her hand with mine, hinting that she would take good care of me. 

"I will watch you over if you need anything... in the meantime, let me bring you to the bar and have a little drink, okay?" She instructed. 

"Alright!" I shouted as soon as my ears banged with loud background from the DJ and the people. 

At the bar, I ended up drinking different sorts of cocktails offered to me by the pretty bartender. I chatted with her without realising that I drank way too much, and to be honest, I was quite happy on my own. 

Afterwards, I ended up on a dancefloor, bopping onto the music and showing my moves. Right then, I had this gut feeling that someone was trying to dance with me. Of course, it's normal to have people dancing with you since it is a public place. 

From then on, I continued to have fun until the guy began to grope me around the waist. I was drunk at that moment and played along, teasing him a little bit.

Shortly after, Char turned up, instantly getting rid of the guy in front of me, looking proud of her action. "Not him! He's not the guy for you..." She tried to keep me under control.  

When she said that, I smiled unknowingly at her and started to dance again. This time, Char kept herself very close to my body so that no one would mark their territory with me. 

Then, I looked around and met her eyes, beckoning to dance together. I don't know what happened to me, but I had the nerve to wrap my arms around her neck because I started to become unsteady from all the drinking. 

The next thing, Char began to stare intensely into my brown eyes and hold me on my waist, where she turned me around with my back to her front. Later, she whispered in my ears seductively, "Dance with me..."

If it weren't for the loud music, I would probably get caught embarrassing myself in front of her when my heart races uncontrollably. So, I play it cool and copy what I've been doing with the guy earlier and dance.

...

During the dance, I admitted that my treatment of Char and the guy was different. And as far as I know, she's delicate, withholding by my waist, and there was never a time where she lost contact with my body. Even without her saying it, I already sensed the gracefulness but not until I felt her dancing very closely to my body, making it feel like she was rubbing herself against me in a sexual way.

Okay, now I take back my word where I said she's delicate...

I trembled at the close contact, causing me to move away from her body because it made me feel things I should never have about my best friend. Is it from embarrassment or an emotion that I have yet to discover?

Author's note:

They are having fun, and that's all that matters 😉