Thirty-Six

Jenny paced around the Impala, which was parked on the side of the road as she tried to call Bobby, who wouldn't answer his phone.

Dean was leaning against the drivers side, waiting for Ellen to pick up the phone with a frantic look on his face. Jenny yelled at her phone angrily, wanting to chuck it across the road but knew it wasn't the best option.

"Ellen, it's me again. Any chance you've heard from him?" Dean was quick to ask after the woman had answered the phone. Jenny turned to Dean, a faint look of hope on her face. "I swear, it's like looking for my dad all over again. I'm losing my mind here." He tried to laugh it off, running a hand through his hair as Jenny walked over. "No, Jenny and I called him a thousand times, there's nothing but voicemail. I don't know where he went, or why. Sam's just gone."

Dean's phone beeped, looking down at it quickly and his eyes widened. "Hang on a second, Ellen."
Dean put Ellen on hold, looking to Jenny. "Sammy? Where the hell are you? Are you okay?" The woman's eyes widened as she sighed in relief, fidgeting with her fingers. Dean frowned. "Hey, hey, hey! Calm down. Where are you? All right, don't move, we're on our way."

Jenny ran around to the passenger side, hopping into the car as Dean did, quickly starting the Impala on and sped off.

———

The two hunters parked in a motel lot, dashing out of the Impala and Jenny followed Dean up the stairs, watching him check every number in a panic.

He stopped at one of the last doors, knocking frantically. "Sam? It's us. Sam!" Dean turned to Jenny, who shrugged as he tried the door.

It clicked open, the two peeking their heads in to see Sam sitting numbly at his bed. Dean rushed to his brother, bending down to meet his eyes. "Sam? Hey."

"Hey Dean. Jenny—"

"What the hell happened?" Jenny's eyes widened as she grabbed Sam's hands, which were covered in blood.

"I tried— I tried to wash it off." He sounded like a scared child with how quiet he spoke, Jenny giving him a worried glance, eyes widening even more when she realized his shirt was covered in blood as well.

Dean grabbed Sam's shirt, quickly checking to make sure he wasn't injured as Jenny rushed to the bathroom, coming back with a wet wash cloth.

"What happened, Sam?" Dean asked as he sat down next to his brother. Jenny went to take his hands again, gently wiping away at the blood.

"I don't think it's my blood." Sam spoke quietly again, looking down at his hands to see Jenny was still carefully working to clean them.

"Whose is it?" Dean continued on with the questions. Sam shook his head, eyes still trained on Jenny trying to help.

"I don't know." He mumbled.

"Sam, what the hell happened?" Jenny stopped to look at Sam, worry clouding her thoughts as Sam finally looked up, turning to face his brother.

"Dean. I don't remember anything."

———

Jenny had chosen to stay with Sam in case he dashed off again to God knows where, Dean having gone out for groceries and to get information.

"I think this is freaking me out more than when I found out I'm basically a psychic." Jenny told Sam, who was now less out of it and in different clothes. He nodded slowly, the two turning their heads as Dean came through the door, holding several bags.

"What'd you find out?" Sam and Jenny asked in unison, watching Dean set the bags down.

"You checked in two days ago under the name Richard Sambora. Of course, I think the scariest part about this whole thing is the fact that you're a Bon Jovi fan—"