Fifty-Five

Sam looked down at a bag in Jenny's lap, noticing how carefully she was holding it. "What's in the bag?" He asked, both Jenny and Dean glancing to him, then the bag.

"Nothin'." They answered in unison, turning back to face the road.

"Nothin'?" Sam repeated, scoffing.

"Yeah, nothin'." Dean reassured. Sam eyed the bag suspiciously, noticing that Jenny's grip on it tightened a little bit.

"Fine." Sam suddenly yanked on the bag, him and Jenny tussling for a moment until he managed to pull it out of her grasp, opening it.

"You don't wanna do that." Dean snapped, but didn't stop him.

"Oh really?" Sam pulled out a mason jar, eyes widening in horror. "What the hell is this?"

Jenny and Dean were quiet for a moment. "Blood."

"Yeah, I can see that it's blood, guys! What the hell is it doing in here?!" Sam yelled, looking at Jenny.

"You don't really wanna know." Dean told his brother with a harsh tone.

"No I-I do really wanna know. I really, really, do."

"Yeah, well you're gonna find out sooner or later. I needed a silver knife dipped in lamb's blood." Sam's eyes bulged out of their sockets, babbling as he tried to form words.

"You needed a silver knife dipped in lamb's blood, why?!"

"Because there's this creature. A Djinn. And he has to hunt it." Jenny explained, Sam gulped loudly.

"Okay, um... stop the car."

"I know how it sounds—"

"Great. Just... stop the car."

"It's the truth, Sam. All right, there are things out there in the dark. There – there – there are bad things. There are nightmare things. And people have to be saved and if we don't save them, then nobody will." Dean gestured with his free hand as the other gripped the wheel tightly, and Sam looked at Jenny.

"You're doing this! You're putting this idea into his head!" Sam yelled as Jenny's mouth dropped open.

"How dare you think that I would put some kind of idea like this into Dean's head!"

"How else would you explain the reason he's having psychological breakdown?!" Dean rubbed his eyes in annoyance.

"I wish I was now." As Sam and Jenny continued arguing, Dean honked the horn. "Shut up!"

Jenny turned to Dean, giving him an apologetic look. "Jenny isn't putting any kinds of ideas into my head, alright? This is all my doing, Sam. God, I knew I shouldn't have brought him with." He grumbled as Sam pulled out his phone, starting to dial a number. Dean reached over Jenny, rolling Sam's window down and chucked his phone.

"What the hell was that, Dean?! That was my phone!"

"None of us are going to a rubber room, Sammy. And we got work to do." Dean snapped, turning back to the road.

"What? I was just trying to help you out, Dean. I don't, I don't want you to get yourself hurt." Sam argued, a harsh look on his face. Dean scoffed.

"What? You protect me?"

"Yeah!" Dean let out a loud laugh, Jenny frowning at him.

"Oh, that's hilarious. Why don't you just sit tight and try not to get us all killed." Dean's face turned cold, changing the radio station.

———

Jenny had an annoyed expression on her face, still holding the mason jar of blood whilst Sam was asleep on her shoulder. "Four hours of this." She slowly turned to Dean, who smiled at her sheepishly. "When you kill this thing, Sam rides in the back."