Twenty-Four

Jenny and Dean had nearly slammed into the closed door, crossbow and gun ready as Dean frowned at Jenny's choice of weapon.

"A crossbow? Is that really necessary?" He asked as she huffed, breathing heavily.

"It's a silver arrow. Plus—" She raised the bow into the moonlight, showing that there were small grains of salt stuck to it. "Just it case. And it's cool."

Dean rolled his eyes as he swung the door open, the two entering with their weapons aimed, looking at the one man tied to a chair, others surrounding him.

"No, no no no no no!" Duane cried, panicking. "You're not gonna— I swear it's not in me!" Jenny held her hands steady at Duane, holding a blank stare.

"Oh God. We're all gonna die." Pam covered her mouth, backing away.

"Maybe they're tellin' the truth." Mark assumed, crossing his arms as he looked at Duane.

"He's not him, not anymore." Dean answered, him and Jenny advancing towards the group surrounding Duane.

"No, stop it! Stop it! Ask her, ask the doctor! It's not in me! I swear!" He cried, trying to get out of his restraints.

"I just . . . I can't tell." Dr Lee shook her head, looking to Jenny and Dean. Duane gasped in betrayal, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"No, please, don't. Don't. I swear, I—"

"We got no choice... Jen." Dean whispered as she stepped close to Duane, who was sobbing even harder.

"I swear, it's not in me, it's not in me! Don't, don't. Please!" He screamed, and Jenny shook her head.

"I'm sorry." She shot the arrow straight into Duane's heart, the young man's breath hitching before his head dropped.

———

Several hours before—

Jenny was shaking Sam as Dean entered the motel room, a panicked look on her face as she tried to snap the young Winchester out of his trance. She looked up at Dean from behind the bed, brows raising. "Dean! Help!"

"What's going on?! Sammy?" Dean rushed over to them, watching as Sam gasped for air. His eyes were rolled to the back of his head as if he were seizing, chest rising and falling quickly.

"No—!" Sam suddenly snapped out of it, nearly slamming his head into Dean's as he jolted up.

———

Later...

Jenny was sitting in the front seat with Dean, Sam in the back sitting in the middle. A GPS in Jenny's hand was telling Dean where to go as she was staring at it.

"Continue on O-R Two-Two-Four West." The GPS ordered, and Jenny frowned at it.

"Technology freaks me out." She mumbled, slumping in her seat. "I mean, there's a perfectly useable map in the trunk." Jenny suggested, eyeing the GPS suspiciously.

"That thing was Sam's idea." Dean pointed to the GPS, hating it as much as Jenny did.

"Guys that's not what we should be worried about right now." Sam interrupted, leaning on the back of the front seat. "There are only two towns in the US named Rivergrove."

"How come you're so sure it's the one in Oregon?" Dean asked, looking to his brother in the mirror. Sam stared off for a moment, thinking.

"There was a picture. Crater Lake." He answered, Jenny turning to face him.

"Okay, what else did you see?"

"I saw a dark room, some people, and a guy tied to a chair..."

"And Jen ventilated him?" Jenny looked to Dean, frowning. "That doesn't really sound like something she'd do without evidence."