Thirty-Eight

Jenny was staring at the manager with a deathly look to make sure he didn't call the cops on them, Dean in the phone with a woman in hopes she could help track Sam.

"Look I didn't mean any trouble—"

"Shut up." Jenny interrupted the motel manager, who whimpered and nodded, cowering back to the corner. Jenny looked to Dean, who was still sitting in front of the computer talking to the lady.

"Hi, uh, so sorry to bother you, but uh, my son snuck out of the house last night and, uh, went to a Justin Timberlake concert." Jenny frowned at Dean, and he shrugged. "What? Yeah. No, Justin is quite the triple threat. Uh, anyway, he's not back yet, and, and I'm just, I'm starting to worry." He chuckled awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck. "Right. Yeah, boys will be boys. But see, Sammy is uhm... a diabetic, and uh, if he doesn't get his insulin— I just, I have to find him. Please, I'm begging you. Yeah, no no no, I"m on the website right now, I just need to activate the GDS in his cell phone." Dean started quickly typing on the computer, Jenny turning her gaze to the screen as a marker popped up onto it.

"Minnesota? Jesus Christ." Jenny muttered,

"Yeah, that is a long way to go for a concert. I appreciate your help." Dean hung up the phone quickly, grabbing his jacket. "We gotta go."

"Really? I thought we could stay here a bit longer." Jenny said sarcastically as she swung her jacket over her shoulders, rushing outside with Dean. "You know. Because Sam stole the car."

"Shit! I forgot." Jenny pressed her lips together, turning back to the motel manager, who had a trembling phone in his hand. She pointed to him.

"You. Give us your car."

"My car?! No!" He yelled, Jenny reaching for her gun. "Okay! Okay! Here!" He quickly grabbed the keys from his pocket and tossed it at her.

"Have a good day, sir." Jenny smiled before she and Dean ran to the car.

"I'm driv—"

"No you're not." Jenny interrupted, sliding into the drivers seat and started the car up, speeding out of the parking lot with a wide eyed Dean.

———

"Do you have it?" Jenny asked as they sat outside of Jo's bar, Dean flashing the flask for a moment before hiding it back in his jacket. Jenny hummed, nodding before opening the car door.

"It's not Sam. It's not Sammy." Jenny said to herself quietly, Dean walking up to her.

"What was that?" He raised his brows, fixing his gun for a moment as Jenny shook her head.

"Nothing. Talking to myself." Jenny grabbed the gun from her belt loop, the two bursting through the doors with their guns out.

"Sam!" Dean yelled, watching his brother grab a knife from a pillar, the young Winchester's calm expression turning into a look of desperate panic, and held the knife up to Jo's throat.

"I begged you to stop me! You didn't listen!" Jenny held her gun steady, clenching her jaw.

"Put the knife down, Sam." She begged, watching Jo's fearful eyes.

"I told you I can't fight it! My head feels like it's on fire, all right?! Jenny. Kill me, or I'm going to kill her." Jenny's brows raised at the demand for her to kill him. "We know Dean won't. Please. You'd be doing me a favor! Shoot me." Sam spread his arms out, yelling. "Shoot me!"

Jenny flinched at the anger and desperation in Sam's voice, lowering her gun, and she shook her head.

"You can't put her in a spot like that, Sammy." Dean shuttered out, Sam stepping towards them.