Thirty

Jenny and Dean had decided to reside in Sam's room for the night, considering he was splayed out like a spider on their bed and he refused to move.

While Jenny was pretending to be asleep, Dean had snuck out to go down to the bar. She didn't mind, he needed to take his mind off what Sam had drunkenly said hours ago. She got up after hearing the door shut, throwing the covers off of her and walked to the table, opening her laptop.

She opened a new tab, careful to be quiet about her frantic typing. She spent the better half of an hour turning to the door at every little sound, hand on the laptop head and ready to throw herself at the bed.

She couldn't exactly risk getting caught contacting her brother.

Jenny turned back to her computer, slowly. "I can't keep this a secret from Sam and Dean. They already know you tried contacting me once. Why not just get in my head again?" She asked the blurry video of her brother, who looked away.

"Jenny, I told you. I can only use the abilities the demon left me for little points in time. Not whenever I can." He answered and Jenny ran a hand through her hair.

"If we do this... Can you at least promise me something?" She spoke quietly. There was a very long silence, and Nate slowly started smiling. She watched his eyes, waiting, hoping she wouldn't see a flicker of yellow.

"Anything, Jenny."

"I need you to promise me... That if anything happens. You tell Dean first. Not Sam, not Bobby or anyone I've ever gotten close to. Dean knows first." Silence again. Nate slowly nodded.

A flicker of yellow.

Jenny held her breath for a moment as Nate — the demon — nodded.

"I promise, Jenny."

———

Dean rolled over, draping an arm over Jenny and hummed quietly. She didn't move, simply stayed still with her eyes wide open. "Goodmorning." Dean mumbled in a low, gravely voice. She put on a small fake smile, turning her head to face Dean.

"Goodmorning." She whispered back, and Dean pulled her closer, yawning. "How do you think your little brother is feeling?"

Dean let out a small chuckle, slowly sitting up. Jenny did, too, standing up from the bed to reveal she had now only been in her underwear. Dean rubbed his eyes to wake himself up, watching Jenny for a moment before frowning.

"Jen?" Dean spoke up, his voice slightly more normal. She turned to him, lips pressed together. "Where's you get the scratch?"

Jenny frowned at Dean, walking over to a mirror and turned around. Her hand trailed over a long scratch from her shoulder to her middle back, confused. "I don't know." She answered, looking back at Dean. "Maybe it's from you." Dean raised his brows as Jenny walked into the bathroom, Dean looking down at his nails.

After the two had gotten dressed, they walked over to what was their bedroom, still occupied by an extremely hungover Sam.

Jenny knocked on the door gently, opening it a few seconds later. The bathroom door was wide open, Sam was kneeling miserably in front of the toilet, hair splayed everywhere and groaning in pain. Jenny let out a laugh, and when Dean saw the view, he did too.

"How you feeling, Sammy?" Dean asked loudly, Sam groaned again. "I guess mixing whisky and Jäger wasn't such a gangbuster idea, was it?" As Dean walked over to the bed, Jenny walked into the bathroom, sitting down at the tub as she put Sam's hair into a ponytail. She pay his back gently, rubbing it. "I'll bet you don't remember a thing from last night, do you?" Dean continued on. Sam merely groaned again