Fifty-Two

Sam, Dean and Jenny were sitting at a small table in the dining hall. Jenny's stomach grumbled loudly, Dean looking at her, concerned.

"When was the last time you ate, Jen?" Jenny held her stomach, thinking.

"How long have we been here?" Dean's eyes widened at her question. "I'm not eating whatever the fuck the ''mystery meat' is."

"Jenny, you haven't eaten in three days. You can't fall back into old habits." Dean's voice was laced with worry, and she patted him with a soft smile.

"I promise. As soon as we're out of here, I'm going to order myself a double cheeseburger." Dean nodded slowly, the two turning to Sam as he cleared his throat.

"Okay, so let's say those stories on Glockner were true."

"It's a thought. You know, in life, she's a vigilante. In death, same thing." Dean shrugged, his brother nodding.

"Right. But then how's she tied in with the old cellblock? And if she's going after cons, why kill that one guard?" Sam frowned in confusion, shaking his head as he thought

"Well.. Jen and I did hear in the yard that that guard wasn't exactly squeaky clean, so, maybe she's going after anybody that breaks a law. Like is." Dean gestured to himself and Jenny, who leaned against the table. Sam raised a brow.

"You two 'heard in the yard'?" Jenny nodded in confirmation. "Guys, does it ... bother you at all, how easily you seem to fit in here?" Dean and Jenny shared a look, shaking their heads.

"No, not really." Dean answered. Sam looked at Jenny, who smiled softly.

"Honestly, I think some of the guys are scared of me here. It's kind of fun." She spoke with a cheekily grin.

"...All right." Sam answered. "Well, listen, either way, we need more info on Glockner. If -- if she's buried. If so, where? And, we got five hours to get it." Dean gave his brother a look, and Sam pointed a finger at him. "No, no. Don't give me that look. Don't give me that "we got to see this thing through" look. We are leaving tonight, no matter what."

"I just don't want to let Deacon down, that's all. We do owe him." Dean said quietly, and Sam sighed.

"Yeah, but we don't owe him our lives, Dean." Dean got up, starting to walk away.

"Where you going?" Jenny frowned, watching.

"I'm gonna go talk with our lawyer." Jenny and Sam shared a look.

———

Sam and Jenny were walking across the yard again when Dean entered, waving them down.

"She go for it?" Sam asked when they caught up to Dean. He sighed in defeat, shaking his head.

"No. No, not so much. But, uh, maybe she'll still come around."

"Well, we can't wait around to find out." Jenny slapped her hands to her thighs.

"We could give it another day." Dean suggested, his brother quick to shut the idea down.

"No, no, no. We're leaving tonight, and that's it."

"So we're not gonna finish the job, we're just gonna let these people die?"

"Don't give me that, all right? This was your stupid plan. Jenny and I went along with it, but we're sticking to the plan, Dean." Sam snapped, Dean pointing to the two of them.

"Okay. Uh, you two leave. I'm gonna stay." Jenny's brows rose as Dean walked away, and she  scoffed loudly.

"Are you serious, Dean? Don't turn away from us!"