XVI

Chapter 16.

Authors note

Last chapter, I made a mistake. I wrote that Izana got a 5 month inprisonment sentance, I was supposed to write 5 years.  (I edited it already anyway) My bad, I apologise.

(Ignore the photo doesn't match the theme of the chapter, I wont really pay attention to matching it unless needed anymore.)

I also want to enforce this T.W. , Y/N is mentally deteriorating so be warned.

Y/N's Pov.

That whole trial was a shit show. Luckily, Kakucho isn't being sent away. He's on probation, meaning he will be at home- expect regular check-ups by authorities at as well as having the anklet which alert them of where Kakucho is. But 2 months isn't that long. On the contrary, Izana had sacrificed himself to go to prison. I'm not happy about that.

Kakucho should be home soon. I tried to expose my parent's in court for domestic abuse- but no one did anything. And my parent's kept boasting shit about Izana and Kakucho even though they literally blamed me for my own abduction when I was still at home. Other than that they all ignored me during the trial, apart from the singular time I spoke up, my lawyer gave me a mouth full for speaking up quietly during the trial and after we left the court room. I'm glad I did manage to covered up the scar incident though.

I stared at the scared tissue on my arm spelling out Izana's name. The way the mostly-healed scar stuck out against my S/C was hypnotising. I run my finger along the bumpy skin. It will probably fade with time. I don't really want it to heal. Out of sudden anger, slammed my fists into the bed- over and over. "Is what I'm feeling really wrong?" I sob out, curling into a ball in the soft comfort of the sheets as I think back to what the therapist said.

I panic hoping Kakucho would come home soon.

I'm terrified to my core, I don't like to be alone.

Apart from Izana, Kakucho and Chifuyu it feels like everyone else is against me.

Izana's Pov.

It's been a few hours, I assume, since the trail. I just excited the van, which most obviously led me to the prison. 5 years in this shithole, I'm not sure how I should feel about being here. My mind is more clouded with Y/N and Kakucho.

The prison man is rough, he pushes me around and orders me- expecting the order to magically take place. He has no patience what so ever. And to further point out, I woke up from a coma only a few days ago! Give me a fucking break.

I would literally beat his face in if he wasn't a prison guard, honestly.

Or maybe I should anyways, who the fuck cares?

He throw's me my new belongings- which included a singular pillow, a duvet and some health care necessities. Gripping onto the pillow and the duvet, everything else slipped out and crashed down to the floor. How was I supposed to catch that? I feel humiliated, having to pick it up from the floor. I was a king before this... and somehow I'll make sure I still am.

I walk into my cell, It wasn't as bad as the movies I've ever watched depicted- but that doesn't mean it was good either. I walk inside, the guard mutters some words behind me.

"Fucking prick." I mutter back.

I heard an erupted laugh from the top bunk.

"Oh gosh, you're so lucky he didn't hear you. Hey what's your name?" Some guy popped his head from the bed above.

I'm not sure why anyone would ever choose to sleep in the top bunk- but whatever. At least I get to sleep on the bottom.

"Izana Kurokawa."

"Oh? I've heard about you! Apparently you're some kind of gang leader! Ahahaha!" He bursts out laughing once more.

"Who are you?" I question him.

He pointed up at a piece of paper attached to the cold walls. It spelt 'Laughie'

"That's quite odd." At first I felt slightly stupid for announcing my full name. But I changed my mind shortly after, I'm proud of who I am. Mostly.

"Yeah, it is, but here we go by nicknames. It's pronounced 'Laugh-y' . They called me that because I laugh a lot." He replied.

"Well they aren't wrong about that."

He wheezes.

It was an ear-piercing laugh, no matter how annoying it was, I tried my hardest to ignore it.

"Oh my, Oh my. I wonder what they're going to nickname you, Izana." He turned around, I assume he was attempting to sleep. After all, It is pretty late. And I'm sure I should try falling asleep too.

I lay in the freezing, hard bed, thinking about Y/N a lot- she looked hurt at the end or the trial. I also hope Kakucho made it home safely.

I toss and turn, yet nothing felt comfortable. But I was the one that got myself in this mess in the first place so I have to deal with it.

"Wake the fuck up man!" I feel someone shaking me. Out of impulse, I shove my fist in their face, sending then flying back. My heart beat raced, My adrenaline was at it's peak.

"Holy shit! Ahahahaha! You've got some mad impulse. It hurts!" I look up to see Laughie struggling with the nose bleed I'd just given him. He shouldn't have woken me up so agressively.

"My bad." I roll off of the bed. I don't want to cause trouble, not just yet. I'd prefer to analyse the other people here and make my acquaintances first.

I toss him a tissue, he smudges the trickling, vermillion blood all over his face. Eventually, he realised the blood was going to continue to run, so he just shoved it up his nostril.

"It's okay man, don't worry. I understand it and all. I'm glad it was me and not anyone else- they would've killed you."

I decided not to reply. This guy obviously doesn't know the slightest thing about me.

Eventually, he leads me to the shower room. I wanted to take a shower, he also needed to clean up. I'm surprised no guard has stopped us over that bloody nose of his yet. But it does keep me out of trouble.

To my surprise, not many people were here when we got to the showers.

"I woke you up as early as the guards let us, It's better to wash before there's a crowd." Laughie informs me.

I walk into one of the showers, closing the curtains behind me as I hang my towel onto the rack.

Unfazed by the icy water as my finger traces the 3 puncture wounds on the upper half of my body.

The fact I'm alive is so surreal to me. I've been informed before I came here, that visits happen daily- however they will let me have my first meeting in 2 days.

I was told some shit about it being to settle me into the new environment first before letting other people outside the prison to see me.

That's fine by me. I just hope Y/N will be eager to see me. I wonder what she feels. I wonder what she thinks.

I wonder if she still loves me.

Y/N's Pov.

Kakucho hand's me a warm beverage in a colourful cup.

He managed to arrive shortly after my panic attack had begun. He comforted me, reminding me that everything is okay now, and I'm basically free.

In a literal way.

I'm free from them, I'm free from the court, and I'm free from my parents.

"I want to see Izana.." I whisper.

"We will, just give it 2 days, alright?"

I smile up at him. I'm glad that he's always here with me.

We change the conversation to free our mind, Kakucho rant's to me for the rest of the evening. I unconciously play with the earring on the chain around my neck as I listen to him speak.