XXIII

Chapter 23.

Y/N Pov.

How does the saying go? Oh, Right.

fool me once? Shame on you. Fool me twice? Shame on me.

I'm so fucking stupid. I should've known I'd be treated like this by him again. From the moment he sweet talked me in the alleyway, to the moment he was released from jail.

No. From the moment I even saw him, the red uniforms on the bikes as I was being driven home from the airport.

Izana is like a snake, so stealthy, so mischievous.

I glare at the engraved scar of his name, tracing my finger along the bumps of each letter.

Making me jump slightly, Izana opened the door, watching me sitting on the corner of the bed by the baby crib, with my E/C eyes glued onto the scar.

"That's fading now, Isn't it?" He smiles, a long pause taunting the atmosphere. "Let's redo it shall we?"

My heart sinks. "No" I tremble. "Please."

He giggles. "I was only joking, Y/N."

He begins to shake a bottle of baby milk in his hand, he's acting as if the events that unfolded last night never happened. I watch him pick up our daughter, feeding her the formula. I side eye him.

He makes me feel so nervous and stressed. I can barely handle it. Even if he isn't directly in front of me, it always feels like his silhouette lurks above me.

"Why are you so tense?" He ironically questions me. Does he seriously not remember what happened?

He sighs, placing Aneria down back into the crib who had just finished the bottle of milk.

"Pack your stuff, Y/N." His lilac eyes concentrate on my sitting figure.

I open my mouth, attempting to say something, but it was impossible. I was scared to find out why. Or at least scared to hear words I knew would slide out of his mouth.

Figuring it out for himself, he intercepts my state of doubt. "We're moving." He then leaves the room as soon as the last syllable escapes his mouth.

I assumed I had no choice- so I prioritised Aneria's essentials before packing mine.

My mind flutters to the thought of my beloved brother, Chifuyu. I haven't seen him in a long time. He doesn't know I gave birth yet, Izana had told him the conditions of me being isolated for the pregnancy. Stupidly enough, we both trusted that idea of his.

Sooner or later, Chifuyu will figure out the baby has been given birth to. He's a smart boy.

But when he comes searching for me, It will be as if every evidence of my existence is completely erased.

"Is that everything?" Izana asks me as Kakucho escorts me and my daughter out.

We both nod as we make out way outside.

Izana clasps is hands together, signalling for us both to wait outside for him. I could've taken this time to run away, but I'm not stupid. I could never outrun Kakucho and definitely not Izana for that matter. Especially while cradling a baby in my arms. Trying would get me in a lot of trouble, considering past events.

After a few minutes, Izana skips out of the house, throwing something deeply inside the corridor.

I watch him pull out a match deep from inside his pocket. Moments after lighting it, it softly burnt on the small stick in his toned, tanned hands.

Flashing me a pearly smile, he lets it fly to the ground. The fire spreads immediately, like a lake slithering into the home.

He slowly made his way to me, one hand around the waist as we watch the fire eventually engulf the home.

A tear drop slides down my S/C cheek, feeling warmth radiate towards me.

I guess if Chifuyu really comes looking for me, he will be met with a more alarming surprise.

The squeak of tires can be heard erupting from behind me, but it didn't register to me. I was pitifully mesmerised by the burning house.

"That's our ride, Y/N." Kakucho taps me as we make our way inside a black, expensive looking car.

Kakucho sat in the passenger seat, a guy unknown to me driving. I assume him to be mostly irrelevant as no one but Kakucho acknowledged him.

In the back, however, sat Izana on my right and a guy unknown to me on the left. He had long, messy and dark hair. Sickly pale skin.

"Is that her?" Asks the man on my left as he watched me with his dark eyes.

"Yeah, you don't remember her, Mikey?" Izana's voice could be heard on my left.

Then it clicked. Mikey, he fought him on that snowy, unfortunate day.

"What...I thought you guys didn't like each other." I find the urge to whisper loud enough for both of them to hear.

"We're brothers, It was just brotherly fighting. Nothing serious." Izana chuckles, Kissing my cheek then stroking Aneria's head (Who I was holding).

No fucking way they call that brotherly fighting. Izana ordered to kill his own sister, even had intentions to kill Mikey too. How is this supposed to be fucking normal. The feeling of nausea hits me.

I stare outside of the window to my right. I'd rather face the window on Izana's side rather than tilt my head the other way. Mikey seems much more dangerous and intimidating now than he did the last time I saw him.

I always knew Izana was a bad person. Though, I really don't want to know what brought both of them back together. Surely, I'll be let down once again.

I watch as we drive through the city. Tall, glass building's surrounding and enclosing us all. It was hypnotising as the rapidly setting sun falls behind the horizon formed by tall skyscrapers. Multiple people making their way through the crowds. I wonder, are any of them going through the suffering that I am? No. That would be bizarre.

We arrive at some disconnected area of a familiar airport.

The airport where it all began, when I first arrived here after being abroad for a while.

The luxurious car drives towards a slightly smaller than average plane.

Izana hold's me by my hand as we get out of the car and up on top what I was assuming is a private plane.

I was proven correct when we made it aboard, no one but the pilot and anyone (including the driver) who was in the car made it onto the plane.

We settle down into our seats, Mikey whispers something into the ear of the guy who previously drove us there. He returns with a snack for him.

I face Izana, staring into his handsome face. As much as I don't want to admit it right now, It is undeniable that he is beautiful.

"Where are we actually going, Izana?"

"The Philipinnes, only for a while. Business matter."

I don't reply. Turning my head, letting the tears fall and drop again.