IX

Chapter 9.

Izana's Pov.

As me and Kakucho arrived at our destination, the rest of Tenjiku gathered as well. I sat above them, staring down at everyone else- ecstatic with ego and glee. I feel great looking down over them all.

These past few day's I've been keeping an eye on Tokyo Manji gang. I've been informed by Kisaki Tetta about them and the threat they pose to us. By that logic, I decided Tenjiku is now begging rivalry with them.

He specifically mentioned, they were attempting to get to the top. The 'best' gang in Tokyo. I won't let that happen. Also further elaborating on my past, and the connections Tokyo Manji has with me.

Just because Kisaki Tetta seeked me out, eager for me to start a gang and now even encouraging this fight- It doesn't mean he's above me. He could never be.

But most importantly,the gang is run by Sano Manjiro. My 'little brother'. He stole everything from me, I hate him.

And so, We're going to start a war.

Kisaki is quite useful. He made me realise all my trauma and Shinichiro's betrayal towards me is Manjiro's fault. He told me he is going to help me get the revenge i deserve.

We sat around after the meeting for a while, I told them about the fight. Among themselves, I heard gruesome descriptions of how they'd beat the shit out of them. I later asked Kakucho to fetch me a new pair of clothes- I'm cold and walking around in my uniform won't do me good right now.

Kakucho came back as fast as he had left. I wrapped the scarf around my neck. "Thank you for the clothes, Kakucho. I've got something to do. I'll catch you at home." And so i begin to walk towards the bridge.

I see a certain blondie sitting on the edge, dorayaki in hand, does this kid ever grow up?

"Are you running away to the sea too?? Blup Blup Blup. Yes." I see him play with the snack.

"Manjiro Sano..."

"Hm?" He hums.

"Tenjiku declares war on Tokyo Manji Gang. A month from now. Don't turn up, then Tenjiku shall cause greater commotion around Tokyo." I walk away, he has no choice.

"Izana?" I heard him whisper in the distance.

He remembers me? Pfft.

I walk to the store just like I promised- fetching Y/N her medicine.

Y/N Pov

Earlier Kakucho had came home before Izana did- then left again after barging into the room, tossing through the wardrobe before exiting again with some clothes.

Not long after he came home again. He pushed himself into the room again.

"Are you ok Y/N?"

"A bit thirsty.." I reply, hesitating

Without a word he left. I sat there utterly confused until he came back with water.

"Oh, thank you Kakucho.."

"Ok." He left again.

He's not very talkative. The amount of times he entered this room- It's almost as if yes flying in and out of here before I can even see him. And where even is Izana?

Actually, I don't care about him. I sit there- hateful thoughts about him floating in my head.

But it didn't change the fact that he was the one on my mind. Izana is always on my fucking mind!

It seems as though i cant escape him. Physically, yes. But mentally? no, never.

And just as I was thinking that, the tan, platinum haired boy barged into the room.

"I'm sorry i'm late." What's with the sudden sense of apology?

He feeds me medicine he bought me. I stay silent unaware if i should reply or not.

He unchains me and tells me to shower, letting me enter the bathroom by myself. I'm surprised he is being this nice- as if he didn't slap and
cuff me to a bed earlier.

Something on my mind told me he was upset, but i paid no attention to it. After washing my hair, I scrubbed a rose-smelling shower gel all over my body. Letting the fluorescent lights reflect off of my wet skin. Moaning in bliss of the warm water hitting my body.

Once i left the room, Izana wasn't there anymore. Neither were the handcuffs. I assume the handcuffs were only a scare- and the door is definitely locked this time.

I won't check. I'm still terrified.

I slip on the clothes that were layed out for me on the bed. There was nothing left to do- and the clock on the wall reflected 11:32 in the after-noon.

This wasn't usually my sleep schedule- I'd sleep later unless i'm completely tired.

But today I thought I'd just suck it up and go to sleep. I tip-toe to the door, hoping no one suddenly bursts in, and hit the switch beside the door.

I then collapse back to the bed. It took me a while to sleep but I accomplished it by the end.

I felt a weight against by back, warm air hitting the back of my neck. My eyes slowly flutter open, Illuminated on the clock on the wall read 1:46 in the morning.

I try to fidget around to figure out what it was- then realised there were arms clutched around me.

"I know you're awake" Izana whispered behind me.

"Oh.." I didn't know what to say. I should be upset over this, shouldn't I?

It was silent.

"Why did you decide to come into bed with me?" I awkwardly asked. I had no idea how else to word it.

"I'm not feeling well, but you make me happier, so here I am."

I laid there, wide awake, unsure what to say. It's not like I'd be able to fall asleep anymore anyway. At least not now.

"What happened?"

"You won't judge me, right Y/N?"

"I guess not." It's not like I can help it anyway.

"I'm starting a gang war... between this one boy. He was supposed to be my brother, but he stole everything." His grip on my waist is tighter, pulling me in closer. "Shinichiro , my other brother, was always with me. I also had a younger sister." He pauses for a second.

"Turns out I was never related to them at all. I was abandoned by everyone apart from Kakucho. I always questioned it. Why'd everyone betray me? I didn't deserve this- I didn't deserve to be alone. Until recently some guy, Kisaki, told me  I was betrayed because of my 'younger brother'. It's all his fault- he took everything from me and I want him to feel as lonely as he made me feel. It's only fair."

I heard him sniffle. The arms around me
lose strength, I turned around to face him. A few tears rolling down his face.

I impulsively and stupidly say something, beyond my control. And I have no idea why I did it.

"I'm here, so is Kakucho. You're not really lonely anymore."

His eyes widen in shock.

"My love..."

He moved forward, placing his plump and soft lips on mine.