XIV

Chapter 14.

Y/N Pov.

It's been a week and a few days since I left my family home. After I had shamelessly ran to Kakucho, he let me into his arms- both metaphorically and literally. I was a rollercoaster of emotions that day. We've grown fond of each other, he's a great friend and he makes me feel very safe.

He admitted me into therapy. They accepted me as soon as possible- probably attempting to profit off of me as I was a missing girl on the news not that long ago. And naturally, they're curious of me. The sessions were always the same, asking me about what happened and all. I tried telling them about my parents, but they only cared about the abduction.

I guess they're just doing their job. But I'm smart enough to know, whatever I say to them about him will be considered in court.

Today, I'm getting a diagnosis. They treat me as if I'm delicate and uncapable of anything, they see me as a lesser than them because I'm a patient. Kakucho asked me to stay strong and hold onto it a little more, so I will.

My mind wonders to Izana as I walk the snowy streets. My H/C hair flows in the icy air.

I hope Izana wake's up soon. It's been a long time. I am scared for what's going to happen to them though. I don't want them to go to prison...

My therapist has enforced that I shouldn't think about them. He tells me I should detest them. Don't get me wrong, he is a lovely man and I can tell he takes his job extremely serious but I don't think telling me how I should feel is part of his job.

A puff of cold air exits my mouth as I look up at the building. Today's the day.

I settle into the seat, opposite of Dr. Benson. He's a very confident, and smart British man. He definitely makes a lot of money here.

"Hello Y/N." He doesn't look up from his paper work.

"Hi."

"How are you today?" He asks me calmly.

"I'm good, you?"

"I'm okay. I've got your diagnosis in this envelope her" He raises it before me. "We will open it towards the end of our session, and I can explain to you what it means. Or you can simply take it and open it alone after the session. It's your choice."

"I'll take it." I don't want to open it before him. I don't know why- even though he already knows what it says on there.

"What happened to you when that monster kidnapped you?"

"He's not a monster... stop asking the same question every time Dr. Benson... I want to go talk about my parents." My mouth twitches into a frown.

"Was he rough?"

He rambles, the same questions over and over again.

As I said, he is nice, but he's so persistent on the same questions. It pisses me off! I roll my eyes back as I here him ramble about some bull shit regarding Izana and Kakucho, glamorising my parents and saying my family life (which he didn't give me the chance to explain) is perfectly normal.

I honestly don't know how I can tolerate him anymore.

I stare at the clock wishing one hour could go by faster.

I unlock the door and step inside, Kakucho springs in front of me and hugs me.

"I've got good news!"

"Ooh, I've also got news."

"You go first!" He rushes me, always making me go first like the gentle man he is.

"Well..." I hand him the envelope.

"You haven't opened it?" He peers over at me, eyebrows knitting as he looks at me in confusion.

"I waited to open it with you."

He tears it open, slowly sliding the paper out. He looks at me as I nod signalling to read it. Steadily, he flips the paper open, reading it once, then twice, then three times. His mouth opened in disbelief. But, judging by the way his eyes glide back and forth reading the page over and over again, he wasn't expecting whatever was on there.

"Y/N I don't know what to say.." He stutters.

I snatched it off of him. "C'mon it can't be that bad" I emphasize.

I skim over the words, not necessarily caring about anything else but one thing. Stockholm syndrome.

I look up at him, his eyes brimming with tears.

"I'm so sorry..." He breaks down crying. I hastily hug him.

"I mean...It can't be that bad.." I explain, slightly unsure of what the illness actually is. I'm surprised I've never heard nor paid attention to it.

Kakucho rubs the side of his head, his expression mirroring a frozen river of worry. Maybe it is that bad...

"Stockholm syndrome is..." he pauses, contemplating over telling me. He sighs shakily, "Stockholm syndrome is when someone feels an injustice and toxic sense of trust and liking towards their kidnapper. Or... Kidnappers."

I was at a loss for words. I wasn't sure if i should disagree with Kakucho. But what the doctor said is likely true. He is a professional after all.

Kakucho and I enjoy the silence. It's enough to bring us a slight degree of peace and calmness.

"I'm sorry.." He apologises once again.

Kakucho is a nice guy, always kind and sincere.

"Lets just forget about this and put it behind us foe now. If it's a bothering and touchy subject for me and you- it should wait till later if it can..." I reassure us both.

Thats when I realises..

"You had news." I remind him.

He steps back shyly startled, embarrassed of how I called him out. At least it distracted him from what was happening a mere few moments ago.

"Oh, sorry, my bad-" He begins to speak but I cut him off.

"Stop apologising all the time"

I can tell he was holding back another apology by the look on his face.

"Well... Izana is awake.."

"Really?!" I jump in glee "When can I see him?" I questioned Kakucho.

"You can't see him, at least not till after the trail. You shouldn't be seeing me either, but it's okay for now."

I sulk... this is really happening. I don't want them to be locked away.

"But I did see Izana. I was allowed since I'm his only legal "family" on documents. We grew up together. And he told me to remind you, he loves you."

My heart flutters as a warmth spreads across my s/c skin.