I

Chapter 1

Y/N's Pov.

I walk out of the airport, Japanese Autumn wind blowing my H/L hair from side to side. I take a minute to stretch myself out a bit before I heard a distant screech.

"Y/N!!!!!" My younger brother, Chifuyu runs towards me, arms open ready to grab me.

Chifuyu wasn't my full brother, but that didn't matter. He was still my brother and no matter how much blood we share, it wouldn't change anything. I was a product of our mothers failed relationship prior to his birth. But she still loved me. And so did my step father, Chifuyu's biological dad.

We were a happy family and nothing could change that.

I just came back from studying abroad, despite my family missing me, they were so proud of me to have gotten a scholarship and honestly, I worked my ass off for it.

Chifuyu wraps his arms around me as we rock back and forth. I detach myself shortly after and closely hug my father and mother. I missed them so much! Of course we called, sent messages and letters but it isn't the same as seeing one another, face to face.

On our way home, me and chifuyu sit in the back of the car. I didn't speak much, I was barely awake. I'm so tired and my family respected that. However, I do remember falling asleep to the sight of multiple motorbikes swerving on the street, the bright streetlights illuminating their matching red uniforms as the wind causes them to sway in the air.

I rest my cheek on the hard glass window and close my eyes, falling asleep.

The next thing I knew, we were home. My father nudging my arm to wake up, "Y/N You're too old for me to carry you now! Lets go!" He joyously laughs. The faint light in front of the door illuminates the name plate. "Matsuno." It's great to be home.

I rush upstairs and open my room. It was basically untouched, yet the room still remained dustless. "Me and Mother made sure your room never got dusty!" My brother smiles as I slowly die in awe. "Thank you so much, but if you don't mind ill take my rest. It's so late! Lets talk tomorrow in the morning. I'm so done with being awake for now!" I mutter the words as I collapse, back first, onto the bed. Chifuyu leaves, silently closing the door.

My eyes scan the room.

I was such a nerdy teen. Band posters up on the wall, some paintings, some drawings. A whole shelf full of manga and such. I missed the comforting atmosphere this room gave me.

I really am glad to be back. It's a shame I couldn't have been back sooner, but education had it's call. Learning was more important.

I've already made reservations for a job interview the day after tomorrow, I must fix my sleep schedule and jet lag before the day comes.

Too lazy to change clothes, I snuggle into the covers and fall asleep as soon as I've gotten into position. It felt like a soft cloud grasping me in its comforting and fluffy grip grip, nothing compared to the beds back at my old school abroad.

The next morning, I made sure to be as cheery as possible. Jumping out of bed as soon as I had awoken, Showering and unpacking- In hopes it would cure jet lag and help me get used to the time zones as well as healthily waking up.

We all gather at the table, eating cereal. Fuyu had school today. I made sure to pack his lunch earlier this morning as an act of grace and kindness for being back.I had also helped our mother with some chores.

"So, Fuyu, Hows Baji?" I ask. Interested about the people I had left behind. Baji was one of Chifuyu's newer friends when I had left, but i do remember him coming around often, living a few blocks above us. He was a chaotic yet sweet boy.

After a few moment I notice Chifuyu had been oddly silent and I somehow fucked up just now.

"Y/N, Baji died not too long ago. I didn't tell you because I didn't want to stress myself nor you out because of it." He replied.

"Fuyu, let's go visit him after your day at school.." I smile, pitifully as he nodded, liking the idea.

I felt bad for Chifuyu. Baji was his bestest friend. I could remember them being together all the time, even though I hadn't known Baji for long before I had traveled abroad. He had a great influence on my brother and helped him become who he is now- I am grateful to him. Not only for being a great friend to my brother, but also for being nice to me and our parents.

I didn't pressure Chifuyu to explain how he had died, I didn't want it to hurt him more.

I planned to meet him outside his school, but before arriving at our meeting spot, I purchased a plethora of beautiful flowers to place on Baji's rest-bed.

We walk to his grave, which wasn't too far of a walk. I placed the flowers down, scanning my eyes over the tomb. "Here lies Baji Keisuke..." It went on. After a few moments of silence and appreciation of the quiet atmosphere, Chifuyu laughs.

"Hm??"

"We should've brang some yakisoba to split." I remember the times the two boys would split the meal. I didn't understand why, but it was a funny and quirky tradition of theirs.

They were honestly made to be for each other they were destined friends. I notion to Chifuyu I'd stand aside and wait for him to be done in a few minutes. He nodded.

Let the boy have some time with his precious friend.

I walk away and sit on a step near the entrance of the grave yard. A few men in the same, red uniform I had seen last night on the motorbikes, were passinf by. Was this a popular thing here or something? Some kind of gang? Seems like it.

my eyes came in contact with one particular man, the one leading them.

He had large and glistening lilac eyes- ones i could get lost in, beautifully tanned skin and bleached hair, which fell to the sides of his face in a middle part. It was straight, short and most of all, looked soft.

We broke off eye contact as the group marched past me and far into the distance.